Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's Alive!

HOLY SMOKES...10 days since I last blogged! Well we're alive...tired, busy, but alive! :) Actually after burning the finished copy of the yearbook onto CD to overnight to the company tomorrow, I instantly felt energized and PERKY! :) Basically since I last "saw" you guys this has been my daily schedule:

6:15am--wake up
7:15am--get to work (that is the job where I teach Art) ;)
3:15pm--leave said job and drive across the street to the next job, painting for the friend I mentioned.
10:30pm--drive home and begin third job, finishing the yearbook.
1:00am--In bed after "preparing" canned-soup lunches, bathing and getting ready for the next day.

So, that's where we've been pretty much. The painting part has been pretty fun, because it's rewarding...finishing a room here and there and seeing how excited they are to have us help pick out things for decorating, has been really great. It was the yearbook part of all of it, having that hang over my head while needing to do these other things, that wasn't as fun.

We've now finished the kitchen, dining room, living room and one of the girl's rooms. For that one, she knew she wanted light blue and lime green, but didn't know how she wanted it done---so she got polka-dotted sheets and we did blue walls with lime green dots. Really fun! My fav. part though is the little nook that she now has that's painted with chalkboard paint and will house all of her Art supplies in nifty white planters from IKEA. I'm all over that!

Here's just a few photos of cutie-pie Alex on the practice bunny shoot. The bunny (Mr. Reese's Pieces) behaved very well and didn't scratch or bite once. Alex did very well too and didn't bite or scratch once...LOL! He gave us some excellent laughs when he was trying to run away and his shorts fell down. :0 Freakin' redonk how cute he is!











n other news, we went to an informative photography workshop in the ATL with Nat one evening (can you believe it started at 5pm and didn't end until 11pm?!) We learned some great stuff and had a nice time hanging out.

5 comments:

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

I love kids with the furry friends AND Alex has the best hair cut!! I'm printing a picture up to show the hairdresser at my little guys appointment:o)

Natalie March 17, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

I love the pictures--I went through mine and the ones marked as 'faves' are almost the same ones you used too! :) Did you notice this one bit of coolness--there is a shadow of a clover on his leg in one of the pictures, and it's a 4-leaf clover. Thought that was kind of neat.
Thanks again for letting him be your model--call us anytime, it was fun.

Sherendipity March 18, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

The pictures are gorgeous. I especially like the carrying bunny in a basket one.

K2daK March 23, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Whew Nat you got a compliment on some hair on your kid! :)

So cute!

krista March 26, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

um, did i hear chalkboard paint?
yes, yes i did.

you managed to squeeze chalkboard paint, ikea and motherflippin bunny rabbits into one post.

you.are.my.hero.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP