Thursday, March 5, 2009

Commercial Break

We take this small break in yearbook creation to bring you this blog post...

I feel fragile. Do you ever feel fragile, really fragile? It's a term we use around here when you should tread lightly and be as sweet and caring as you possibly can because the other one is just about to break---it can mean physically (not feeling well at all) fragile or emotionally/mentally tired and fragile.

There's a lot going down at the mansion these next few weeks/month. The ever looming yearbook deadline is March 17th and we all know that once I finish it, I have a day of body crash (sometimes manifesting itself in the "chicken and broccoli" virus). I had someone today ask me why I look so tired and I mentioned the yearbook deadline and that I only make $100.00 a school year to make this thing...he wanted to poo-poo it and say something like, "Oh gosh, it's not THAT bad." No, it's not THAT bad---but to have such crazy deadlines and ridiculous work for $100.00 a year, let me see you throw a party over it. He gets to go home and not have to work on or think about extra school projects...that's not a luxury all of us have. I know I have it easier than classroom teachers, but that still doesn't make this stuff any fun.

There's these stupid place mats that I was "asked" to make by the Queen--was "asked" on Tuesday, they are due tomorrow afternoon for some banquet that the royal dynasty goes to every year--have to create new place mats for this B.S. every year. This year I was "asked" to use our new school colors and our mascot, the Eagle. Fortunately I have two KICK BUTT members on my team that stayed after this afternoon to help me make some headway on them. I would have started them Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon but the Queen had me in meetings both days!!

Julie is SWAMPED over four classes worth of school work this semester and the other stuff is all brought on by ourselves really. These are things I'm NOT complaining about, but am actually excited about, I just know that they are going to take a lot of energy.

Lucy's removal of girly insides is happening this month, my babies being put to sleep for major surgery, cause serious mental instability...and she is THE baby!

There's a ton of photo shoots coming up (extremely excited for)
and while doing all these things, in the evenings we'll be painting a rental house for a friend of ours who recently separated from her husband. She's excited to be free after some years of unhappiness and doesn't want to do any of the work herself. So the awesome part for us is that she is paying us to paint the ENTIRE inside of the house. This is going to be exhausting but SO worth it, seeing as we'll make about half of my monthly school paycheck.

I'm starting on this project alone this weekend while Julie goes to help her mom with some cleaning out projects in Valdosta. I most often than not- feel "not excited" about a house with just me and the pups, this is one of those "not excited" times, but it made more sense for her to go work on that and me stay here and work on some of this stuff.

Don't impending things make you tired before they even happen though because you know you are going to wear yourself out? That's where I am right now.

A funny convo we just had about it all:
M: Oh my gosh, what are we getting ourselves into?! Seriously, why are we doing this?!

B: Girl, you know we will do all but whore ourselves out for some extra money! LOL!

M: Yeah, very true, it's like Meatloaf said, "I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that." I just was never really sure what "that" was. Now I know. :) He'd do anything but whore himself out. Makes total sense.

B: True, very true.

Cute and Sweet:






5 comments:

Lennye March 6, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Breathe deep! You do a fantastic job at everything you do! I had to laugh with your peeps yesterday as they painted the placemats.

krista March 7, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

you know, sometimes i think we actually put more pressure on ourselves because we automatically tell ourselves that we aren't allowed to complain because our problems are so inconsequential.
on the other side, i'm COMPLETELY WITH YOU. this move is killing me. i feel so out of sorts, like i can't get anything done, i feel like i need to do, need to go, need to move faster, need to take care of more and it's making me gain weight and feel crappy.
(okay, I'M making me do that but whatever...i'm not in the mood to be held accountable for the fact that i'm only wearing four items out of my closet because the rest still don't fit.)
no more girl bits for sausage!
(whoa...that sounds weird)
just tread lightly on yourself and blast some meatloaf while you paint.
xoxo

Lifeofkaylen March 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

very cute.
very sweet.

K2daK March 10, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Hey only 9 more Mondays!!

Lennye March 15, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Has anyone said that they think the tops are way cool?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP