Friday, November 28, 2008

I was dreaming when I wrote this, so sue me if I go too fast...

Come on peeps---I know you know what song that is from!!

I've missed you blog and blog readers! Right now the moms are putting away some things in the kitchen, Julie is practicing her drumming on Rock Band--her mom brought it up for entertainment...so I took a minute to sneak away and blog.

Hello there. How are you? Or, how you doin'?! How was your turkey? I enjoyed the jell-o lime pie the most this year! Tasty. :)
We've had some good times. Played some Phase 10--Julie's mom (which I have to tell you we call her Madre---even after we found out that in Spanish, it's not typically a nice word to use...it's just a nickname Julie started and it stuck--we by NO means-- mean anything derogatory by it...the same with my mom that we call Mamasan---we certainly don't mean what that word typically means either---just another name that got used once and stuck! We try not to use these nicknames in public!) Anyway I was saying, Madre won the game of Phase 10.

Then the Solomons beat out the Gunters in Cranium...dang it! My mom and I don't seem to think alike on those questions where it's pertinent to...had Julie and I been on a team...good Lord we would've killed 'em.

After that it was Wii bowling...and the Gunters TOOK IT! Yeah baby! Mom and I had over 200 points to their 100...WOOTWOOT!

The best of all of it was playing Rock Band. Julie and I took turns between singing and playing the guitar while the moms teamed up and helped each other on the drum set. Instead of the regular two drum sticks, they got an extra set Julie had in her room and each one had two drum sticks---so they double teamed those drums. It was hilarious!

These are memories that we'll never forget and it's my favorite part of holidays.

ps. for all you lovers of the music players over to the right...meaning Kinsley and Nat, I added more songs today!! :) Hence the title of my post.

Now, time for more band practice. It's been good talkin' to ya. Ta-Ta for now.

4 comments:

Sarah B. B. November 28, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Awesome - glad y'all are having so much fun. :) And I have to say that the Cranium thing may be in the Solomon jeans - Juliebean is AMAZING at it... Enjoy the weekend.

Lennye November 29, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

Sounds like a great time of relaxing with family! This week I've encouraged two families to get pics taken by MonkeyBean Photography.

K2daK November 29, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Good times, good times!

Is that Prince? I believe it is! I think it was Shelia E. singing the other part.

So I am glad you are having a great break! I am also glad you added more music...I am not to #10 yet on my "I will" list but I did a quick scroll through on the first player and I laughed at Ace of Base being added and then I saw it...Batdance. I used to have this tape, not the whole tape, a single...you know you had some singles. I used to listen to this song over and over, I used to try to figure out if they were saying, "Shut the F up" near the end.

Sidenote: Ryan busted out, "Shake it like a polariod picture" today while leaving Wal-Mart. I thought you would appreciate that satement. Almost as much as him saying after grabbing his stomach Wednesday night, "My tummy is going to get me in trouble."

krista November 30, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

but life is just a party and parties were meant to last

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP