Friday, September 5, 2008

Twenty Three and Twenty Four aka the day I hid in the storage closet to eat a doughnut!


Yep, that's right. A KRISPY KREME doughnut. And yes, I hid in the closet to eat it. I bought the box of fundraiser doughnuts and they were just sitting there staring at me, calling out my name. I kept telling them it was rude to eat a doughnut in front of twenty second grade students. I told them there was NO way I was giving in and going to eat that in front of the sweet little nuggets. My mama taught me better. I might eat a banana in front of them, but they wouldn't desire a banana...a doughnut is totally in a different league.

But then they just kept on and on and my orange juice and banana from breakfast had dissipated, so I gave in. I didn't eat any in front of the children, but I did take the box into my storage closet and went in and out a few different times to have a couple of quick bites until it was gone. I felt slightly psychotic. :) At least it was just one. ;)

Just a side note...when a teacher brought me my box of doughnuts, she said "You better count them, we've got some boxes that have a few doughnuts missing!" I was like, "SHUT UP!" Either Krispy Kreme accidentally didn't fill the boxes up, or the delivery person had a little snacky snack on the way to the school. FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!

The mental picture I get of opening each box to find one or two missing, is such a trip!

Nothing else noteworthy to report from the last two days!

4 comments:

Lennye September 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Dissipated - what a great word! All the donuts today made the dieting hall a little crazy, or was it just me.

krista September 5, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

i love that a 'few' of them had doughnuts missing ;-)

K2daK September 6, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

I would sometimes get two dozen so I could share the wealth. :)

Glad you enjoyed!

Monkey September 6, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

sadly half of the school will kill you now if they see you eating these because of diets....so not the thing to be shared these days! :) Best to eat doughnuts in storage closets! ha!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP