Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Second Day

After writing "second day" I just wondered what it would be like to do one of these every single day...sure they'd be boring---but I'd have a pretty good personal record to look back on and getting to 180 would be a serious accomplishment!!

I got home earlier today.

Today was lime green day for my attire, yesterday was orange-y goodness. I want to lick this green watch when I wear it because it reminds me of lime kool-aid or one of those lime freezer pops. Yum.

I also wore my happy apple pendant that I bought when we visited Sarah weeks ago in the ATL.

I didn't even cry tonight. We dealt with some kindergartners and first graders crying today because apparently they felt the same way some of us teachers felt...they survived yesterday and it was alright...but they (like us) were quite satisfied with just ONE day. I totally related to the little dude that had to be pried off of his mother, kicking, crying, screaming--I thought, "Yeah, I'm right there with ya buddy."

It's like if someone offered you two choices--a bowl of ice cream or a bowl of plain lettuce---having to eat the lettuce isn't going to kill you and isn't the worst thing in the world that could happen to you---but you'd be stupid not to love the ice cream more. For me, home is the ice cream and the plain lettuce is work.
I'd like more ice cream please.

2 comments:

Anonymous August 5, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!!!

krista August 6, 2008 at 1:10 AM  

speaking of screaming, your little pancake is doing that very thing right now. maybe your dream of me shipping her off to you was merely a premonition...
and if i could, i would send you a krispy kreme doughnut right now.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP