Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Missed Her Ride To Bloomingdale's

This evening when Julie was letting the dogs in from outside a butterfly whizzed by her head flying into the house. It instantly made me think of "You've Got Mail" where Meg Ryan talks about the butterfly flying into the subway car and how she probably was going to Bloomingdale's to buy a hat, which will be a mistake.

"Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one. It got on at 42nd, and off at 59th, where, I assume it was going to Bloomingdale's to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake - as almost all hats are."

One of the many quotes I love from that movie---not quite as much as a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils...but almost.

I assume since dinner was cooking that our butterfly wanted to be invited in for dinner and since we were so rude as to not invite her, she took it upon herself just to join us anyway. This was definitely a mistake, because she almost became a treat for Lucy.

3 comments:

Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 5:46 AM  

Being a "You've Got Mail" fan as well....love IT!

Freda

K2daK August 13, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

I hope Lucy enjoyed it! How great would it have been if it was Brinkley that ate it?

Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

I have received wonderful gifts from people but the gift I received today tops them all...a "bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils"...how thoughtful was that? It almost made me cry!

Thank you for this most outstanding gift.

Freda

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP