Monday, August 25, 2008

Check it out yo!!


Look what Julie did after work today...made labels for two cds we're mailing out! I think they turned out rather sweetly. I like the second one best. She said if there was one where the middle of the cd didn't fall in the middle of the baby's head, she would have done a larger image on that one as well. Oh for these to be cds that we have made money from. Patience young grasshopper, patience.

Speaking of making money...last week or so a substitute teacher was leaving out of the parking lot and she stops and asks, "How much money does this job pay?" Meaning the idiotic job of me standing in the way of irate people who want to make a left turn, but cannot because the policeman tells me they can't.

I'm taken by surprise from this question and thinking this woman clearly sucked down crack rock before leaving and I say very politely, "I work INSIDE the building." She says, "I know, but what does this job pay?" So I say, "This is a non-paying job."
Was the lady just wanting an extra job because being a substitute isn't punishment enough?

My internal voice was saying something like this, "Oh your poor geriatric brain, I don't get paid to stand here, I'm MADE to stand here by those *kind* *intelligent* powers that be. I'm forced to be this ridiculous speed bump and dodge cars every day by members of society that can't remember that Monday thru Friday for the last few weeks, they have not been able to make a left turn but yet have hope that if they drive towards me fast enough and put their blinkers on, I will indeed question why? why am I standing here blocking you, I must be lost? and let them make a left turn today. NO, I DON'T GET PAID for this b.s. so stop holding up traffic and go pick me up a Lemon freeze from Brusters damnit!"

Sorry, had a Sybil moment. LOL.

3 comments:

Sarah B. B. August 25, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

I never really had you pegged for a Sybil - good to know in advance you have it in you. :) Those CD covers are awesome! Way to go, Juliebean!

Lennye August 25, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Too funny! Love the cd cover!

K2daK August 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Shall we buy you a bright orange vest or does that come with the free services?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP