Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Underwater Fun

The underwater camera performed very well, given the circumstances...being underwater! We realized very quickly that it's hard to see what you are lined up with--with the sun shining into the water! There were lots of body part pictures, with no heads! And most of these that I did keep have mostly background with just a little bit of the person. It took some getting used to, but was very fun.




I have to say that looking at the pictures, is somewhat surreal---I guess because you often don't see what you or your friends look like underwater. And, with the floating bodies and bubbles it all seems so dreamlike. Because of the whiteness of my pasty skin and the way I'm floating in one picture, it looks a little dead body-ish as well. There's definitely a different sort of feel to seeing people underwater and I guess those feelings can be interpreted many ways...



for example--Julie says I look like a disco duck in this one! LOL!

4 comments:

krista June 18, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

i love love love underwater pictures! the one of the air bubbles coming out the nose and the one of the legs (the color and the b/w) are AMAZING and artistic and beautiful and dreamlike. oh, i love them. and now i want to go swimming.

Lennye June 18, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Okay, I'm clueless who you are with. I had to look several times to even figure out who you were! I've emailed you the cake recipe! My family acted like pigs at a trough last night when I got it out. You wouldn't know that in the last week they've had, Mississippi Mud, Mountain Dew, and Pig Pickin' Cake. Now I may have to break down and make some peanut butter pie soon!

Oh yeah, do you scuba dive, cause you could get some crazy good pictures with that.

Also, I watched Fool's Gold today. Excellent, but I liked 27 Dresses better.

K2daK June 19, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

I am sure the person in the background appreciates you posting their belly and them trying to pull their suit down. :) HA!!! HOW FUN!

K2daK June 19, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Is that SD in the picture with the thumbs up?

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP