Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cupcakes!!


Ok, watch something about cupcakes get comments, when the spilling my guts out about something about myself, got none...that's always interesting to me and makes me wonder. Anyway!

When we visited Lennye yesterday she was baking the best smelling cake and I felt like when we left there we even smelled like the cake! So, I couldn't get it out of my mind later that night and baked some homemade cupcakes. These were the best ones I've ever made! I made sure the batter was extra moist by adding some lemon juice in the batter. The cupcake by itself tastes like pound cake! Soooo good! I halved the icing and made lemon cream cheese icing and lime cream cheese icing. They just melt in your mouth...not in my hand! ha! :)

Anyway, I was invited to go swimming with some peeps from work today, so I've got to go get ready....I'm totally taking the underwater camera for its first test run!

4 comments:

Lennye June 18, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

Okay, I'm into some baking these days. The cupcakes look and sound yummy! The other day I saw the woman on Everyday Italian do cupcakes and thought of you. I do have a weird cupcake recipe somewhere, I should look it up!

krista June 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

i think it's easier to say something about a topic as arbitrary as cupcakes because you don't run the risk of saying the wrong thing. when someone spills something about themselves, there's so much more room for error. it's a catch 22. because i will often take in other's personal truths and hold them dearly (although quietly) but then worry why people aren't responding when i'm laying myself out, bare and exposed. just know that i, always, enjoy reading your truths and will definitely respond when i can find appropriate words. :-)

Lisa Wood Photography June 18, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

YUMMY. makes me crave cupcakes.

Cant wait to see the underwater pictures. HOW EXCITING.

Monkey June 18, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

Thanks lowercase monkey!! A blog is a weird thing like that sometimes and puts me in that mode where I question what I should write about...but life isn't always cupcakes and when I started this blog, I wanted it to say something about me and put whatever I felt the need to put on here...you are right about comments---I'm with you about worrying why people don't comment on those pouring out of heart posts when they seem so readily to comment on small time stuff---but your explanation as of why makes complete sense! thanks for help on that!! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP