Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Weekend

The weekend has been really nice! Here's what we did...

Friday night we drove to Macon and took Mom to see a movie for her Mother's Day/birthday present. I can't remember if she turns 61 or 62 on Tuesday...always get the numbers mixed up and for the longest time I was saying she was 58!

We saw "What Happens In Vegas" and it was sooooo hilarious. I recommend it to anyone who needs a really good laugh right now. We did remember a very important lesson that apparently we had forgotten because we haven't been to the movies on a Friday night in so long...it's the night where the most annoying teenagers on the planet congregate and pay money so that they can run up and down the aisle, switch seats a thousand times and pop open their cell phones at least a hundred times throughout the course of a movie. There are not many things that piss me off more than poor movie etiquette. If you pay to see a movie, then sit your skanky ass down and watch the movie! You can talk and play outside for free and nobody will mind.

On Saturday we went with Kinsley, Natalie, Sarah and Lee to the Kirkwood Spring Fling which had a really nifty artist market. Then we went to the Moxie Java Bistro in Decatur where we had some SUPER tasty gelato and a really cute children's bookstore called Little Shop of Stories.



(We learned this weekend that Nat possibly works for the FBI or CIA because she has cell phone conversations like this...hmm...) Oohh...I will probably pop up on google searches for using FBI and CIA in my blog. ha!







After leaving the ATL and heading back home, Lee got a crazy phone call from her daughter that sounded a lot like a fuzzy 911 call expressing her distress and concern over a SNAKE in the house. The snake description started out where he was 2 inches long then turned into the length of your hand, and I'm pretty sure it grew from there--I was half asleep in the front. So, Lee requested that we stop off and help get the snake out of the house. Natalie and I helped by standing on the ottoman, Julie by hanging out by the door, and Kinsley shooed the snake out with a broom. You should have seen how every time a piece of furniture got moved, we all jumped though nothing was there. When the magic piece of furniture displayed the snake, he was a baby, but fast and long enough to be pretty frightening!

After that we came home and unloaded the car...I decided I was awake enough to move some artwork around on the mantle thinking maybe that's where I would put the new, awesome piece that Nat gave us for saying "thank you" for taking those pics of she and Alex. I moved a really big framed artwork of my own around and then ended up putting it back in the same place...but I didn't prop it the right way. I'm standing there talking to Julie about it, and the friggin' thing bounces off my head and onto the floor, shattering into a million pieces.

My head was hurting and I couldn't believe what just happened and I actually start sobbing. (now this wouldn't have normally brought me to a sob fest, but because of the lack of sleep the night before and coming on of hormones...it was a pretty big sob fest.) Julie was of course super sweet and kept telling me it would be ok. So we cleaned up the mess and I decided I probably needed food too. Right before I got the pizza out, I was resting on the sofa and Lucy jumped up and scratched my face, I was kinda ok with that until when I was pulling the pizza out of the oven, I burnt my thumb. Julie was on the phone with her sister and walks up to see me sobbing AGAIN as I try and slice the pizza. I took the sob fest to the sofa and ended up laughing and crying at the same time about what all happened in the last 20 minutes! Lack of sleep, hunger and hormones put a Monkey out of commission.

Today we have caught up on Tivo-ed programs while Julie has cut papers for new pendants and I've cut papers for birdie notecards. It's been really relaxing!

4 comments:

K2daK May 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

It is all fun & games until someone gets hurt. :) Sorry to hear about all your random accidents!

Kirkwood was fun!

Natalie May 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

Had a great time Saturday...don't joke about my CIA connections.... heehee...maybe.

Sorry you had to end the day with sobfest, but sometimes that's the only way. Hope you have a good week!

Lennye May 18, 2008 at 8:47 PM  

You have the right idea! Relax and have some fun! I know I have been way too stressed about getting packed and finishing up school. This weekend I decided Matt is only going to graduate once from high school (however, there is that physics final tomorrow that could halt things). Anyway, the point is I can definitely understand a crying gig!

Sarah B. B. May 18, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

That's so crummy! It's good you took a day to decompress. We've always known Nat MIGHT be a secret agent. Now we have proof! Mwhahaha.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP