Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hooray For Clay!


My students are painting their clay projects this week and for the most part it has gone fairly well. Kindergarten did simple pinch pots because most of the other projects I give them when they're older are based on pinch pots somehow or another. 1st grade made a turtle (using a pinch pot). 2nd grade made really cool fish (you guessed it, from two pinch pots). 3rd and 4th made vases (from, well you know what already!) and this year I let 5th make whatever they wanted...that was interesting.

Here are some pics so far...the rainbow fish was too cute to me because I was telling the kids that you wouldn't typically use EVERY SINGLE color that I put out for you just because it's there---because most fish don't have all of those colors---UNLESS it was going to be a rainbow fish...so ta-da here is a rainbow fish, literally! :)

And, here are a couple of cute vases and another fish. The eyes on these fish rock!




3 comments:

Sarah B. B. May 20, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

L-o-v-e the rainbow fish. He rocks. :)

Natalie May 21, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Fun! I want to be in your class! :)

K2daK May 21, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

Those turned out cute! Man, those kids are lucky to have a great art teacher!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP