Sunday, May 25, 2008

Nifty Stuff

Cool things that I've either bought or been given in the last month:


Nat bought us this bird print off Etsy as a 'thank you' for taking some photos for her 'Mommy and Alex' book. I LOVE this print and think that it looks fabulous in its new home in the grape green kitchen! How cool is it to get artwork from a friend and it be something that seriously fits into your home?! Thank you Nat!

I know this looks like one of my notecards, because it sorta is...Julie mailed me this notecard that she copied from some of my birdie cards...she said she wanted me to see what it felt like to get one of my cards. :) How sweet is that?! This one will go in my special memory box alongside a lot of other sweet notes that are mostly from her!

I got this pendant when we went to the Kirkwood Spring Fling with the girls last weekend. It's a resin pendant made with scrapbook paper and ribbon inside. It has inspired me to look into resin jewelry making because I think it will be lots of fun (aside from resin being toxic!). It comes from Girls With Cardboard Wings.


I've been wanting to switch to natural, handmade soaps for a while now--but was waiting for my old soap to run out. Last weekend at the artist market, I purchased this soap from Rinse Bath and Body Company. I haven't used it yet, because it had to set up so it would harden for at least a week. It smells so yummy, I'm using some tonight! The two scents I purchased were Dead Sea Mud and Shea & Rice Flour


The Wii Fit...we've both wanted this for a while and Julie got it for my Mother's Day present. It is too much fun...well it's not fun when you stand on it and it can calculate your weight and BMI...but it's fun when you're knowing that you are exercising and getting fit! It's nice to be able to do some exercising at home, in air conditioning! I hate to run, but the running exercise was fun because while the character you create to look like you is running, you pass by other characters you've created and the scenery is really pretty. I'm hoping this will be a great way for us to get our bodies healthy and in shape! Kick butt gift!

2 comments:

K2daK May 26, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

I want to come over and work out!!!

Natalie May 26, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

The bird print looks great. So glad that you like it! It was a little nerve-wracking getting an artsty person art, but it reminded me of you gals. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP