Sunday, March 16, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by Sarah
The rules for this are easy:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Here are my random things:

1. In Middle School my best friend Erica and I went to movies a lot (while mom was in a different movie of course) and lots of crazy things happened. Once while in 'The Hand That Rocks The Cradle' we had taken out some bouncy balls that we got out of a machine and during a really quiet, serious part, I dropped mine and it went bouncing down the movie theater floor--we busted out laughing and were trying so hard to be quiet. Another time during the movie 'Leap of Faith' I got up to go to the restroom but because the EXIT doors and the door back into the movie theater weren't labeled, I opened up the freakin' EXIT door during the movie and the whole theater lit up with bright sunshine!! Naturally everyone turned around and I said, "oops." Erica was laughing so hard when I got back! :)

2. I daydream often about living in a hip, downtown loft in a cool city with my own business of some sort underneath...of course with my peeps there with me!

3. I always said I would NEVER fly and was always very scared of it...but I have flown in a very small Cessna plane once my boyfriend at the time, James, got his pilot's license (He flew lots of times with his instructors first though!). He begged me to fly from Adel to Valdosta and back with him and I didn't want to disappoint...but I figured I was going to die. I didn't tell my mom so that she wouldn't have a heart attack. On the day of the flight, I took way too much Dramamine and felt freaky from it. I only looked out the window once and prayed the entire time I wouldn't throw up in front of him OR DIE. I did neither and would never go on another Cessna. He flew it fine, but the wind and hot/cool air pockets made us sway and dip way too much. I'm still terrified of flying!

4. I think most people look more attractive (some pretty hot) in hip glasses and a crisp, collared, white shirt.

5. When I was little my family was hanging out in the yard when my Dad drove up in his Volkswagon Bug. I was excited to see him and didn't know better when I jumped up on the tail pipes once he parked...burnt the bottoms of my feet PRETTY badly and screamed a lot. Mom doctored them with aloe.

6. Number 5 made me think of this one...also when I was younger I got in trouble for running OUTSIDE (where I was always told to run) when I fell on a random cactus we had in our woody yard. The cactus needles covered my stomach and hurt majorly! My Dad pulled each one out individually with his knife that he used for everything. It was excruitiating. (Oddly enough, I have never had a broken bone...knock on wood!)


I only have four people to tag that wouldn't think I was crazy for popping on their blog and tagging them out of nowhere! Sarah tagged everyone we both know in 'real' life already! :)
Copperheart Copper Heart Designs
monkey My Life as I See it
Jessie My Mod Style
Jessica Funky Finds

3 comments:

Lennye March 16, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

I can see you in a loft. The movie comment was to funny! My mom used to take me to downtown Ardmore and Brenda and I would go to the Tivoli. (The name is also mentioned in Number the Stars it is an amusement park in Denmark.) I was probably about 11 or 12 the first time I saw Gone With the Wind. They played it at "The Park Theatre" it was the first time I had ever been to a movie with an intermission.

Sarah B. B. March 16, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

I bet that was the old, skanky Westgate theatre, wasn't it? I saw many a movie there, because for some baffling reason, my mother preferred it to the theatre on Riverside... And you will fly again, dearie, because there are too many places to see in this world that you can't see from a car. :)

Monkey March 16, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

I remember seeing a few movies at Westgate...and my first movies were at the one on Riverside (the one with the super STEEP driveway that my mom's stick shift in her Volkswagon could barely handle!!) These particular incidents though occurred at the one that is where the Linen's N Things is now...the mall one. I still think it's a mistake that they took a theater off of that side of town....they could have redone it.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP