Sunday, March 16, 2008

First Time In The Art Room



Friday was a half-day work day for us teachers that stayed till 7pm the night before for parent teacher conferences. Though I don't ever have scheduled conferences, I do have some parents come in to buy yearbooks or just chat--so I just hang out in my room and clean or for this one I mostly worked on next year's budget and what I plan to order for next year at the new school.

On the half day I only had to work from 8:30am-12:30am (WOO HOO!!) so I took Brinkley up there with me because Bomar hadn't seen him since he was about 6 weeks old. It would've been fun to take Casey and Nikki too and I felt guilty for not, BUT it would have been super difficult to manage all three of the wildebeests in and out of the car and my classroom...so I just had to give extra hugs when we got back home to make up for it.

Brinkley did great and though he did freak two of our custodians out just because of his size and the fact that he was a dog, all else went well. They were scared of him and he was hiding from their brooms! Real viscious huh?! He sniffed every corner of Bomar's music room and got tons of attention from a few ladies. Julie said he smelled like three different perfumes or lotions on his head when she got home. In my room he sniffed and paced a lot and I think was genuinely concerned about why we were there and why Casey and Nikki weren't with him. He followed me every time I went to a different part of the room and even whined when I left him in the room with Bomar once or twice. Such a mama's boy!

Friday was SUPER because of leaving work at 12:30...it's amazing how much you can get done at the house and how many errands completed. I could certainly get used to those hours at my pay everyday! :)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP