Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Are you there Spring? It's me, Melissa.


If you're listening Spring, I want you to know that I adore you in spite of your pollen. I want you to please be kind to me this year...remember the allergy eye that everyone thought was pink eye from last year? Remember the infamous "chicken and broccoli" virus that I had off and on from March through April? Well I was sorta, kinda wondering if this year we might could bypass all of that and just get along famously like the good ole' days?! I'm cool with that if that's cool with you.

I thought the white blooms on the plum trees looked pretty this evening with the greens of the weeds/onion grass. :)
Julie and I want to thank you all for your kind words and help...she's searching and applying! We know that things could be a lot worse, it's just when things hit ya, they sometimes hit ya hard. We're feeling a lot more positive today, especially after finding two administrative assistant jobs at Gordon College! Fingers crossed! :)

In other news, the 5th grade writing test was today and before it, 5th grade came to Specials...I had a kid who held the sharp end of his scissors at another kid's jugular...playing or not---that's so NOT cool! Needless to say, that warranted a discipline referral. Poor Freda, God bless her because that class has got an eclectic mix of crazy, crazy, and 80% mean. Lennye's group might not be able to read or write, but they are mostly sweet and will love you to pieces...Freda's group would stab you in the back and light you on fire if you're not looking! ha, that's funny, sad and halfway true at the same time. Anyway, I love you guys and you rock and whether or not those kids pass a ridiculously mandated assessment, you have made progress with them and you've made a difference and that is why you became teachers in the first place! :) Big hugs!

2 comments:

Lennye March 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

I love being loved. I've reflected on the craziness of today, and it is soooo typical! I know we've made progress. In my mind there will be the picture of Tenesha having to write about how to play a game, then looks at me and says, "Can I make up a game?" And the whole time I know she probably hasn't had anyone play a game with her. Also, there was Jake who worked so hard. I don't know if anything made sense, but it was in paragraph form and had lovely indentions. He worked so hard he had to have extra time. Then we had to hug most of the rest of the afternoon. Jake likes to hug! That is why I have some shirts that can not be worn to school anymore.

Monkey March 5, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

Tanesha was so cute today...I asked her if she was ready for the test and she said, "I wore my lucky t-shirt today!" It said, "if all else fails, look cute." I thought that was a grand idea!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP