Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cause and Effect and some Affect too.

A small lesson in Cause and Effect...
It rains A LOT
You then get rain and mud outside

The dogs go potty and come back inside and your floor, your sofa, and your dogs look like this



Let me see if I can somehow put a positive spin on this veritable smorgasbord of messes that now has to be cleaned up...
I'm thankful we got much needed rain, I'm thankful for my dogs and their abilities to potty outside...so far, that's as far as I've gotten.


In other news, Julie's world sucks majorly right now because her very best (at work) friend had car troubles and instead of coming back to work to deal with her absences and things, has just up and decided to quit. The reason I'm pissed about this is because NOW Julie will be expected to complete two jobs on her OWN that it was nearly impossible for two people to complete. AND you don't make Julie cry...you just don't. Don't make the nicest person on the planet cry, it just isn't nice and it makes a part of me want to hunt you down and...well we will leave it at that. It makes me mad that she could go into work everyday and carry on with this person and laugh, and share so many good stories and good days...someone we even invited over for dinner and hung out at the house with and then this person quits and doesn't even think about how it affects Julie...how now her "best buddy" has the added stress of doing her job as well because she decided to give up. As I type this, Julie searches for a new job. Last night we did some online job applications and she's actively pursuing getting out of the hell hole...probably even if it means a somewhat drastic pay cut. (This place has gotten so ridiculous that they won't even buy the maid a friggin' new vacuum so she SWEEPS DUSTY carpets that have accumulated nastiness since the 50's...hence why Julie comes home recently with itchy eyes and allergies.)
I guess it's just hurtful that all the while you are enjoying good times with someone and thinking someone "has your back" when push comes to shove most people only take care of "number one" and you become chopped liver. The other people at her work aren't even sympathetic about it---why? Because it didn't happen to them. This is not how we operate and this is why I'm pissed off at the world.

They say whatever you put out into the universe you get back...so if you're negative all the time---then bad things happen...if you're positive and think good things will come your way, then they will...well why is it that even though I try to remain positive and Julie and I are some of the most positive "find some good in a situation" people I know...the universe has decided to just take a super huge dump right onto us?

Maybe it's just March. Once the new job happens and it's better, that's when I'll put my positive spin on it, right now the whole situation is a pain in the ass. That's being truthful, no sugar coating, just in case you couldn't tell. :)

6 comments:

Sarah B. B. March 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

I have complete faith the Juliebean will find a better, less stressful job, even if it means less moola. Sorry she has to deal with this mess right now, though...

Lennye March 4, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

I'm sorry Julie is in a stressful situation. The older woman I look up to at church reminds me it is "adversity" and it will come and so will the bright days. So here's to brighter days.....

Frasier March 4, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

I hope Julie finds a great job,that vacuming part made us mad.
PS:Does she need me to go and bite some butts?I have sharp teeth

K2daK March 4, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Maybe this is what Julie needed to jumpstart her move, she has been debating it so long. Maybe it isn't a bad thing at all, sure it is stressful now, but THIS will be her time to move and she will be happier. (There's your positive spin!)

Natalie March 5, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

2, 4, 6, 8...Who do we appreciate? Julie! Julie! Yeeeeaaaaaaaa, Julie!!

There's a cheer for you....we'll just pretend it came from your boss.

krista March 12, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

hello my fellow monkey :-)
ahhh...i struggle with this idea as well that the energy we put out comes back to us. i've come to a conclusion: the good stuff does come back to us. unfortunately, the bad stuff is a shit storm and flies in every direction. it hits us all. and it sticks. yes, we can wash it off and we can sanitize and deodorize...but it doesn't take away the fact that we were hit by the shit in the first place.
good luck to your julie in the new job search. i'll be sending good thoughts your way. (without the shit storm!)
and forgive the "language"...i'm kind of have a bit of a potty mouth.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP