Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Recharging

Today I stayed home to give myself a little recharge. I have NOT felt like myself since Friday night when I threw up. Granted I only threw up once, but since then my stomach has been knotted up. I think for a relatively small, wimpy person, I can handle a lot...except when my stomach is involved. I don't typically complain about any ailments when I have them and have them fairly rarely compared to a lot of people I am around on a daily basis. Julie knows that when I turn to whining and wishing I was dead, that it must be pretty bad! My stomach has been crazy and it mostly happens at night. The gas pain and tightness have almost been unbearable. I've contorted my body in the funky "gas relieving" positions and that works for a little while, I've read about home-remedies online and tried the teaspoon of mustard last night and amazingly enough, after choking it down (mustard is good on a burger not as a heaping teaspoon snack) it did work for a little while as well. I didn't know I was going to stay home from work last night, but this morning it just seemed like the right thing to do, especially since all I did with the kids on Monday was watch movies anyway. I figured I would stay home and "plug" myself into the sofa/bed and just let myself get an added day of recharging. I knew it was take the day now or end up having to take more days later after letting myself get really drained low. After going through the "I've got to try and not feel guilty when I call in and say I'm not coming in while putting up with meanness" phone call, I went back to bed and stayed in and out of sleep till 11am! That was nice and so far I feel like it helped. We'll see how tonight goes and how the stomach decides to act after dinner.

2 comments:

Lennye February 5, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

We missed you today!! It has been a very busy one for all of us.

K2daK February 5, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Sometimes you just need to recharge, good for you for knowing that!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP