Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another First of 2008

Well, well, well...I am not friends with the universe today...why you ask? Because last night I spent 9pm-1am feeling like I was going to throw up and then at 2am finally did. Not fun. At all. I hate the anticipation of JUST knowing I'm going to throw up and I hate to throw up...but would definitely choose to get it over with if given the choice. The waiting really sucks. I'm not sure if it was something I ate or what...I didn't eat anything crazy really---had a few chicken nuggets from school lunch (which I don't normally eat their lunch) and at home I had a homemade spinach salad and a few bites of Julie's Big Chic chicken sandwich (which I didn't get because sometimes the grease makes me feel ill) All I know is that I was praying hard that it was a ONE time thing and that I don't have the virus that's going around. During the week we had kids throwing up in the cafeteria and throwing up all over their practice CRCT tests. This whole week my stomach has been a little funky, but that's it. Unfortunately, even though it's Saturday, the show must go on...I have 17 pages of yearbook left that are due Monday...maybe that's where the throw up came from. I know I procrastinated, but some of that was due to waiting around to get stuff I needed from other people (which there will be major things left out of this year's book because the pages were cut and I don't have room for clubs, etc...) BUT OH WELL! Part of the procrastination is also because I've noticed I work more diligently on it without interrupting myself if the deadline is here sitting on me like an elephant where I can't move from this spot until it's done.
So, the work begins while I eat saltine crackers and sip Gatorade. The house is a mess, NO ONE will be entering it this weekend for sure. Julie has to go get the dogs' heartworm preventive and groceries by herself today. BLAH!

3 comments:

Lennye February 2, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

Sorry to hear you are sick. I hate to throw up more than anything in the world. I tell people if I throw up, I must be dieing soon!

Sarah B. B. February 2, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Poor Monkey! I hope you get to feeling better. That is yuckity, yuckity, yuckity. I will not miss my annual stomach virus if I am lucky enough to be spared by my-sabbatical-from-the-classroom status. :(

Natalie February 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Ew--sorry to hear you were puke-y. No fun. I agree that the anticipation of vomit is usually worse than the act itself. Good luck getting all of those pages done.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP