Wednesday, February 6, 2008

30 Year Olds Forget Things...

One mustn't forget when she is baking records in the oven! Bomar has been cleaning out her room this week and had a bunch of old records that she hasn't used in 20-something years of teaching, so I took them off her hands. I had seen a project on t.v. a few years ago where they melted records and molded them into bowls and was waiting for some free records to fall into my lap.

This afternoon I was multitasking---letting the cleanser sit in the toilets before scrubbing and also melting my first record at the same time...well I came to the computer and started to smell a little something odd. Apparently it doesn't take any time at all for the records to melt and luckily I caught it while it was JUST smoking and not actually blazing in the oven!

Have the slightest twinge of a headache now from the burnt smell (I'm sure it's not the safest thing to be breathing in, but we'll survive)! Here are the three I've done so far...I am excited to paint the labels pretty colors. If anyone would like one or SOME to give away, tell me your color preference(s) and I'll hook you up with some for no charge at all!! :)

I think they will be nifty with fruit in them or for crafty supplies, etc... People actually sell these suckers on the web.

3 comments:

Lennye February 6, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Pretty crafty stuff there!!!!

Natalie February 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Dibs on one that will match my kitchen (think plum, olive or brick red). :)

Sarah B. B. February 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

Very cool, dudette. I am seriously impressed, because I am a wuss when it comes to putting things in my oven. They turned out really well. It's like you're all artistic or something. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP