Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hells YEAH! My Snow Dance worked!

O.K. so it's not snowing all that much now, but the whole 15 minutes or so of pure enjoyment we got out of the flurries that came passing through, was well worth the snow dance I did in the hallway this afternoon! It was also enough to get excited about...it's totally fun and O.K. to get excited about what might typically be called something small.

The second video is actually supposed the first...

Important notes for these videos: I HATE and have always hated since I was a kid, how my voice sounds on video. If this is how awful I sound in real life, I feel COMPLETELY sorry and sympathetic towards those unfortunate people who have to listen to me speak on a daily basis.

The group of tree branches that cover a large section of the backyard are from the three apple trees Dad cut down for us on my birthday weekend. I KNOW that it is wrong to cut down perfectly good trees (just as it's wrong to paint perfectly good wood!!), but these were not perfectly good trees...they were spiteful, evil trees that bore the nastiest apples you have ever put into your mouth...which happened to make Nikki vomit every night/morning (at 2am even) because she along with her brothers kept eating the rotten apples from the ground. That my friends got very old very quickly! SO long story short, NO MORE NASTY apple trees. I've got plenty of other more fun activities to burn in hell for than for taking these trees away (though I DID feel a twinge of guilt for cutting them down).

The black cloth that Brinkley is having so much fun carrying around in his mouth is flower bed fabric that he LOVES to dig up and shred. So cute, huh?!

Could Julie look any cuter all bundled up catching toxic rain-filled snowflakes in her mouth?! Ah, memories...

The excitement I have over this snow is because I haven't seen snow since the "Blizzard" of '93! That's what happens when you spend 8 years in Valdosta (the armpit of Georgia...just hot and humid.) Eww.

5 comments:

K2daK January 16, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

I so love watching your dogs pee. :) HA!! Julie Bean is the cutest in her puffy jacket and hat. Looks like you guys had fun!! Hopefully there will be MORE to enjoy tomorrow.

Lennye January 16, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

How well I remember the blizzard of '93. We had moved to Georgia in '92 and then here came this big snow...it was wonderful.

Natalie January 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

Fun! The dogs were loving their time in the snow. I'll have to post a video later...but Alex only lasted a minute and a half outside. Not such a fan of blowing frozen rain!!


BUT your video did clear something up for me!! It wasn't "Whipporwill, Whipporwill!" I was hearing at night....it was just you yelling "NICKI! NICKI! NICKI!......"

heehee...

K2daK January 16, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

Too funny Lennye because we actually moved to my parent's first house the weekend before the big storm, so I had fun using the left over flooring to slide down the hill and we broke in the fireplace to roast hot dogs to eat...fun memories...oh and the kicker they closed a week earlier than planned so we should've been moving that weekend. OH FOND MEMORIES!

Anonymous January 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

Enjoyed the videos...I give the Oscar to Julie's video...thank goodness she didn't poop or pee on screen.....:):):) Funny, I also think my voice sounds horrible on tape...sort of a mix between inhaling helium and the Munchkins in Wizard of Oz..L.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP