Thursday, November 15, 2007

What Was I Thinking?!

Here are some random thoughts that have gone in and out of my mind this evening...

See this pink Christmas tree? I came THIS close to ordering it off ebay tonight. I don't NEED a pink Christmas tree! What possessed me to almost purchase this?! I'm still thinking about it...somebody stop me please. If you are a friend, tell me NOT to purchase this Christmas tree! Julie's at class and there's nobody to knock some sense into me...we have a really nice FAKE--Doesn't need watering/won't catch on fire (usually)/won't put needles on the floor for dogs to choke on/green tree...I do not need a pink tree...It is pretty though, isn't it?!


See this salad? This is the salad I made tonight with a packet of Honey Mustard dressing leftover from a Zaxby's salad. You know you've made your salad too large when it won't fit into one of your regular DEEP salad/soup bowls and you have to move it to a Pyrex bowl to stir it. (ps. that Pyrex bowl was an Ebay purchase when I used to collect them...I only need an orange one now--my luck, it probably once held human remains--hopefully that thorough cleaning I gave it did the trick. You just never can tell with these things really). Good Lord!

Which brings to mind two other thoughts...I can't stand to not have my salad properly stirred (I almost said "tossed" HAHAHA!) Seriously, if the dressing and all of the GOOD stuff is not mixed in well enough with the lettuce, I will think about it the entire time I'm trying to enjoy my salad. FREAK! Hence, having to pour it into a bigger bowl tonight. Hey, I have no qualms admitting that I'm a freak and I'll wave my freak flag along with the rest of 'em. You know who you are. ;)


Thought two about this salad is how it has left me in pain and I wish that I would have left one key ingredient out of it...that would be cucumbers. I enjoy eating cucumbers in salads, but afterwards I have the most painful indigestion or heartburn, I really don't know the difference. Whatever it is, it's bad and causes me to eat Tums which taste nasty and we're almost out of them.
Oh yeah, that brings me to another thought I had...when people call cucumbers "cukes." Well anything that rhymes with "pukes" is a no-no in my book anyway...but putting a "K" in a word that does not typically have a "K" just makes me have that icky feeling like I just saw a clown that looks like the one from the "It" movie driving down the road in what looks like a "child abductor van" (gotta click on each one of those words for the full effect)with the "ice cream truck" music playing, wearing a stained "wife beater" shirt with blood on his face. Well maybe not THAT bad, but the whole situation just isn't right really. Don't put a "k" where a "C" goes just to make yourself seem cool. "Kustom Kreations?" Get a life...IF your stuff IS cheap crap, it isn't any cooler and more worthy of purchase just because you were fancy and COOL enough to change the letter "C" to a "K." Geez. Go back to grade SKOOL, moron.

One last thought, can you tell it's about time for the monthly visitor to arrive?! Gotta be coming shortly, seriously. Oh, and I don't like when people call that "Aunt Flo." Gross. Let's associate our aunts with good things people...even if they do wear their curlers to the Piggly Wiggly to buy a pack of Menthol lights after just waking up at 3pm.

I'm thinking this is the time of the month when I write my most humorous stuff...loving my dogs, photographing yummy french toast...that stuff doesn't sell. ;)

3 comments:

Sarah B. B. November 16, 2007 at 4:59 PM  

Do not buy the pink tree. I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I PROMISE.

K2daK November 16, 2007 at 8:45 PM  

Don't buy the tree! Don't do it, and do we need to bring some happy pills tomorrow? :)

Jessie November 21, 2007 at 4:50 PM  

you are so funny. See, my blog is about Interior Design,....I can't write about all the "other" stuff. lol (such as pmsing) Might freak some readers out. lol Anyways, I will NOT stop you from buying a PINK tree,....because I WANT a pink tree too. If you like it, you like it. :) I want hello kitty ornaments also. lol BUT if you DON'T NEED it, and your friends are telling YOU NOT to buy it,......I guess you shouldn't. My husband just won't let me have one. :(

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP