Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Before and After


I've been racking my brain this evening about what to blog about...couldn't come up with anything too spectacular, but while looking at old photos, I found this fun picture of the kitchen before we bought the house. I believe this one was taken on our second visit to the house (only visited it twice before definitely deciding it was the ONE). It is so funny to see the differences in the way they decorated versus how we decorate...the house was very lacking in color...BUT definitely NOT anymore huh?!


Their color choices were various shades of beige/pale yellow. We painted the kitchen Grape Green by Behr. Even though I didn't care for their decor, the house just felt like home. Even now, looking at the picture of how it was when I first fell in love with it, I can recall those warm, fuzzy feelings of how it felt when I walked through it (or maybe I had just passed gas, LOL!) Either way, I can remember having a GOOD, special feeling! ;) Here are some after pictures and I think for fun I will try to stand in this same position and take one when it's daylight outside and I can get a better shot. It's going to be even more fun to show the pictures once the cabinets and countertops are just right! ;)

3 comments:

K2daK November 8, 2007 at 8:03 PM  

Aren't you glad you purchased it too, look at all the fun get togethers we have done! :) When I saw the picture I thought, that looks like Gunter's house...and it was! :)

Fe-lady November 8, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

Love the color! (with the black!)
I am a color wimp....would love to be bold with my walls...but I bore easily and want to change things!

Jessie November 9, 2007 at 7:31 AM  

I love the framed colored pencils! I also love your light fixture. I do believe that is the same green I have in my guess bedroom. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP