Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Very, Very Yellow.


Ok, there aren't any pictures from today's artwork...apparently my Tuesday classes are the Abstractionists, because I couldn't figure out most of what was done today. That's ok though, Abstract and Minimalism are my favorites--it's just a little shocking when most of the day is spent watching glue being poured from a bottle instead of neat little dots being properly squirted out and construction paper blobs cut out instead of squares to make a mosaic...and scribbles instead of anything recognizable for the drawings. A whole day of the same kind of thing, whereas yesterday must have been the Semi-Realists! :) Interesting to see what tomorrow holds...will it be the Cubists, maybe some Andy Warhol Pop Artists. We shall see.
The funniest comment from today is once again from a kindergarten cutie by the name of Leia. Some of the boys were bragging that they knew their bus number (it was on the sticker on their shirts) and so she piped in with how she knew which bus she rides too. It went like this: "I know which bus I ride!" "Oh yeah, which one?" "The very, very yellow one." "Oooooh, ok...that one."
Too freakin' hilarious.

(Susan if you are reading this...I can't find my way back to your blog, it wouldn't go there when I clicked on your name in the comment section--said you had it blocked or something...HELP!)

3 comments:

Lennye August 7, 2007 at 8:53 PM  

Okay that is almost better than the "handwriiting" story.

Sarah B. B. August 7, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

You can't make kindergarteners' comments up, can you? They must be sweet, if they're already talking to you instead of figuring out how to steal the scissors & stab each other with them. I'm putting my money on Dada for Friday - just seems like it will end up that way. ;)

Jessie August 8, 2007 at 7:03 PM  

Your job sounds like it would be very fun! Different everyday. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I would love to see photos of your living room!!!! I am glad I am not the only one out there that likes that color combo. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP