Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Is It Really Only Wednesday?!

Funny how the weeks in the summer sped by like a semi-truck on the interstate and now that school is back in session, it's moving more like my broke-down '89 Accord. It's weird because when my classes are coming and I'm busy, my day seems to be going by quickly and after that when the day is over and I realize it's only Wednesday and feels like it should be Friday--it's a serious shock to the system! I'm not sure how I would describe my artists from today, aside from MO' BETTA than yesterday's. They were messier though, a lot of spills and drips to clean up. It can't be all sunshine and daisies I guess. In other news, Brinkley has an appointment on Friday to have his little friends removed...will be interesting to see how he acts and feels when he gets home. He goes in at 7am and gets to come home after 4pm. I'll bet he'll be wearing a satellite...expect humiliating pictures of that. On a sad note, a co-worker/ buddy's dog died in her arms this morning...and this dog was her only child because she never could have her own. Her name was Layla and she was 15 years old. I feel sad for her, and don't think she will be the same for a very long time. :(
On a brighter note...
I have a different kindergarten class everyday of the week...here are some highlights from today's group...they were told to draw whatever they do best also.

Wesley's drawing of a baby dragon---I thought it was a cute baby dinosaur. He informed me that there's no fire because the baby dragon doesn't breathe fire.

Caitlyn's AMAZING drawing of a palm tree with coconuts even! The two things on the right are rocks that started out as babies and grew up.

Travis showed me his drawing of a tic-tac-toe game and the conversation went like this: "Oh, that's a tic-tac-toe game. Who did you play with?" "Myself." "Oh, ok...who won?" "I did."
LOL! :)

2 comments:

Lennye August 9, 2007 at 5:45 AM  

Your love for your kindergarten classes is showing. However, isn't there anyone older with an artsy genepool. I am really enjoying the pic's of the day. They are cute.

Anonymous August 10, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

Oh WOW!!! Sounds like we need to have a girl's night to bitch and scream and play boardgames.....My little kindergarteners are soooo different from the ones you described Yes, they are active, Yes, they run down the hall sometimes and talk incessently, (did I spell that right), but the ONE thing that SOOOOO different is when you address them with an infraction, they don't deny doing it, like your crayola tosser. They actually feel really badly that I corrected. Really genuinely sweet kiddos.
Sorry you are now a gayfer man. I like you better as a sunflower monkey bean. I got a kick out of that one and could just envision you in your class as all that was going on. hahahah....Hang in there kiddo.
Brinkley's picture was precious and I hope he gets through his surgery okay, hope he doesn't bark as a soprano. And little Nikki is cute. I don't think, from your photos, that she looks anything but precious. Have a restful weekend.....Lee

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP