Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Something Finished



I'm tired tonight, too much running around, so here is something to look at that is finished---makes me feel better! :) This is two views of Julie's room.

And just a little tiny venting for this evening...
I think I need to utilize the punching bag and imagine the new co-worker that I haven't even had introductions with yet, but walked into my room today and called me, "her favorite person in the whole world" to which I replied, "people say that to me when they want something"---then comes "Would you make something for me?" Why am I only someone's favorite when they want something from me?!
Just because my title is the "Art teacher" doesn't mean that my every waking moment is to be spent making and doing projects for you. I don't wake up in the morning thinking that I would LOOOOVEEEEE to paint, draw, etc...for you. I'm sorry that I will NEVER get excited when you think up a project for ME to do because YOU can't find the time or inclination to do it for YOURSELF. Wait, let me stop taking care of my own classroom, planning my own lessons, doing my own job...so that I can do YOURS! Thank you for the introduction, wait---you never gave one---you just came in demanding things on a Tuesday afternoon. So let me start. "Hi, my name is Melissa, I'm the Art teacher...I was put here to do whatever you need or want me to do---no matter how ridiculous. Need a Taj Mahal built to scale from toothpicks --in an hour? I'm on it...and while I'm at it--let me listen to you complain about how much harder YOUR job is than mine because I'm JUST the Art teacher after all." "Ps....*F* off!" Of course it's different when people are your REAL friends and ask you nicely to do something without expecting you just will...however that's usually not the case.

3 comments:

Siobhan July 31, 2007 at 10:51 PM  

The room looks great; I love the color!

Lennye August 1, 2007 at 6:33 AM  

I love Julie's room!!! Of course in the men's dormitory I live in I could never be bold with pink, but how pretty.

On your venting....could be a long year with your new BFF!!!! I can see already that my work load is going to be so difficult at best. I don't think any specials teacher will have to worry about a 5th grade teacher being late picking up kids. Time is the most precious commodity on our hall.

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 7:09 AM  

OKAY, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT I GAVE YOU THE OTHER DAY!!!! JUST KIDDING.

SORRY YOU GOT OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT WITH THE NEW PERSON....HOWEVER, THERE IS A BRIGHT SIDE TO ALL OF THIS...NOW YOU CAN TELL HER NO NEXT TIME SHE NEEDS SOMETHING or YOU CAN ASK HER FOR SOME FAVOR THAT SHE CAN DO WELL......YOU PROBABLY NEED TO TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL....I WOULDN'T OF COURSE, I JUST RETIRED INSTEAD....LOVE YOU AND HANG IN THEIR KID!!!!! ps JULIE'S ROOM LOOKS AWESOME......L.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP