Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Satisfied



I was inspired by Design*Sponge's post about her kitchen and decided to write a little post about parts of my kitchen. These are my two favorite parts...the other half of the kitchen is not done yet. I still want to paint the kitchen cabinets black (though it scares a lot of people I know...I think they will see my vision once it's finished) and do something amazing with the backsplash and counter-tops.

I have ideas for those! I think the backsplash would look crazy cool if it was a hot pink, because it's a small area and with black cabinets and grapeish--limeish green walls around it-it would look AWESOME...to me! Anyway, back to the parts I'm satisfied with! The orange owl print is from
Sugarloop.
I absolutely love her owl prints. I have a light green one in the sunroom, an orange one in the kitchen and there's a yellow one on the way! I am thinking of them as a set, and have to have all of the ones that match colors in my house! :) I've already told her that she seriously needs to do a red one because I will be all over that like white on rice! The other little print is actually a notecard from Blackbird Press.

Love it too! The little owls are precious and she will custom make stuff for you also. The colored pencil arrangement is something I did when I saw one in Pottery Barn that was WAY too expensive.
The other picture shows our Target pub table, a nifty light fixture from (I think Home Depot) and an oil pastel drawing Julie did a'la Georgia O'Keefe. These two sections of the house feel just right!

3 comments:

Sarah B. B. June 20, 2007 at 10:43 PM  

Lovely! I cannot imagine how fabulous this will look when it is even more colorful. ;) Yay for owlies.

Lennye June 21, 2007 at 5:13 AM  

Okay, go for it! I remember back in the late 80's we moved into a run down abandoned ranch house and I painted the kitchen bright red! People thought it was awful. Now red is an acceptable color. It is all about what makes you happy. I admit that the hot pink makes me cringe, but I'm old!!!!!

Anonymous July 3, 2007 at 8:23 PM  

I think your blog is the "bomb" (meaning awesome). You are so talented and craftsy. I cannot get over the colorfulness of your page. Ya'll's flowers are georgous!!!! You two are very special to me, and I love you both!!!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP