Monday, May 11, 2009

Yep, SHE said it...not me!

Because Julie(BEAN) is quiet (mostly) when we're around others...she is the most likely to shock someone with some of the stuff she can bust out with in a conversation. I love that almost everyone we know, could at any given time be surprised or in awe by her. Ever seen her dance across the house or make random animal noises for the fun of it? We both do that sort of thing here at the mansion. Ps...thank you Sarah for giving our house the name "mansion" I can't help myself from using it profusely. See that $.50 word I threw in there...yeah I am full of surprises myself. ;)

Back to the point...ever heard Julie say the word "poo" much less "dookie?" I mean who says "dookie" over the age of 7 anyway? In fact, I am pretty sure they put a ban on saying it after 1986. I don't know that for sure, so I'll google it...right after I get right on cleaning those baseboards.

So it goes down like this---I'm in here working on photoshop type thingies while she's outside cutting grass. She enjoys this bizarre act in a way that I will never be able to---I LOATHE cutting the grass much like Molly Ringwald loathed riding the bus...(that one's for you Krista).

It's hot, the riding lawnmower is LOUD and I hate repetitive, loud sounds that hurt my ears and cause me to wear ear plugs that hurt my ears because they don't fit in there properly. I hate that it jiggles my stomach around---much worse than Sarah's old car ever did. OH and I REALLY REALLY hate how random grasshoppers pop out of the grass and come flying at me at warp speed, usually hitting me in the forehead---there's just too many non-welcomed surprises lurking around every bush.

So anywhoooo....off topic again---wow. She comes inside and says hurry you've got to come see this bug that I'm pretty sure got impelled onto the barbed wire because of the lawnmower throwing him into it.

I refuse to use quotations and proper commas...
I'm like, what kind of bug is it?

You know, one of those dookie rolling bugs...you know which kind I'm talking about right?

Ugh, yeah...which kind was that again?! (I totally wanted her to think I had NO clue what she was talking about just so she would elaborate on the DOOKIE part.)

You know...the kind that goes around rolling poo into balls.

Yeah, dung beetles.

FREAKIN. HILARIOUS. Only at the mansion.


So since we still hadn't broken in the macro on any bugs yet because of them being too quick to catch...we decided what better opportunity than to take advantage of this poor bug as he thrashed around trying to pry himself off of a piece of barbed wire that was stuck into his body.

Magnification on the macro is pretty cool---but focusing is tricky because it will only focus on one small section at a time, throwing everything else out of focus.

And can I just say how weird it is that a bug that spends his life rolling poo has the most pretty colors on his back...he ALMOST has ROYGBIV...you can clearly see he has the ROYG part! :) I think he's pretty.

I wish you could have seen Bean after picture taking torture of bug was over and I plucked the bug off the wire to free him in case he possibly could live...then tried to touch her nose with the same hand---while saying---

I'm touching you with POO BUG hands!!! Yeah, I didn't have siblings.

Ever seen the inside of a dandelion magnified?

Then the opposite with the outside in focus.

5 comments:

krista May 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

I LOATHE THE BUS.
awesome awesome awesome
so, um, yeah, i love julie's comment and all but I DO NOT LIKE CRUNCHY BUGS. i said it.
i am intrigued, however, by the fact that you took the time to smell the roses...(or dookie bugs, whatever the case may be...)
xoxo

Monkey May 12, 2009 at 6:36 AM  

Ha love it! Neither of us are fans of bugs of any type...but since he was outside in his own environment and not in mine...I kinda felt badly for him and felt the need to un-impel him. :)

Lennye May 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

I LOVE the dandalion (or however you spell it when you can't hold your eyes open.)

Natalie May 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Okay--the last two pics of the dandelion are quite amazing. Hello, yes, National Geographic, this IS monkeybean mansion, how can we help you? Send us where? Making how much money? Well, I guess. But I don't want to miss any days of school because that place rocks.

Heehee.

K2daK May 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Okay, yes, the dandelion pictures are cool, but the first one gives me the willies, stuff like that weirds me out for some reason. But I like the 2nd picture a lot. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP