Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bunnies

So Sunday it rained just enough to force us to cancel four Easter mini sessions and one regular session at Indian Springs with two little boys we haven't met yet...excited though---there will be a red wagon!! :)

BUT that gave us time to take some fun pictures JUST BECAUSE..wow, I remember those days...the JUST BECAUSE pictures. hee! Once school is out, there will be more time for those pics and I'm excited!!

NO NO NO we did not buy these rabbits to keep. We think rabbits are cute, fun to photograph, but not for pets. They annoy the hell out of us...they are like those people whom no matter how many conversations you've had with them, it always feels like the first. Like you are always starting over at square one again. Rabbits are just too darn nervous and their personalities seem to me like they need anti-anxiety meds. We made sure to have at least one home lined up for them before the purchase.

What an interesting purchasing experience that was too. Ever been to a live animal auction? Whew. Smelly. There were chickens, peacocks, turkeys, goats, cows, rabbits, any kind of farm bird you can think of...no pigs though. Baby pigs would have been fun to see. We got there around 7pm and they didn't even start auctioning off the first rabbits until about 1:00am. FREAKIN' CRAZY!!! We got home at 2:00am in the morning from a frickin' auction?! It's kinda hard hanging out there knowing that people are just buying the animals to breed more and resale instead of buying them to bring inside and love. Reason 1,001 I would never make it on a farm. :)

I think we got some pretty darn nice looking buns dontcha think? That tiny one, oh he is a heart melter. Fits perfectly in your converse sneaker.






Even if you are feeling like a grump box, this has to make you smile:


Check out his heart shaped eye patch!

Two of our favorite boys came to visit the bunnies---the pic I got of Roo didn't turn out--but here's some Bean got of Rhino. He calls this little guy "Fred." Well he calls the big one "Fred" too! :)

8 comments:

Natalie April 7, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

Super cute pics--is it my internet though or are you putting the pics up at higher res b/c they seem to take forever to load now?? Sorry...no offense or anything but when I want to see cute bunnies, I want to see them NOW!! :P

Lennye April 7, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

I love the bunnies, but they are the nastiest things! Where did you go to a live pet auction? I was telling Dan this morning about when I was little the feed store would sell pink, yellow, and purple baby chicks at Easter. Now that would be cool, but probably totally inhumane now.

Monkey April 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Sorry Nat...I think I must have made them larger. I agree with you Lennye...bunnies are pretty nasty--they will sit right in their own pee and poop! They did auction off colored chicks...which are sorta cute because they are different, but yeah--I'm thinking pretty inhumane too. They even had green and orange. The auction was Buggytown auctions in Barnesville.

Sarah B. B. April 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM  

I can't get the pictures to load, either - and I wanted to see the bunnies, too. BUT! The one in the pink converse is super cute (that one did load)... There is NO way I would actually have a pet bunny because they are completely neurotic. Pets are NOT supposed to add stress, you know? Sorry I missed y'all while I was down that way...

Lennye April 9, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Have you gotten to take any Easter Photos? The weather hasn't cooperated this week at all!

krista April 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

oh.my.rainbow.spouting.out.my.butt.
seriously? the cutest thing ever ever seen.
the piggyback bunny?????
oh man.
just an fyi...i'm totally sending in the link to this post to cute overload.
because that is honestly an overload of cute. (that was a stupid sentence but i'm all coated in warm fuzzies and it makes typing hard.)

K2daK April 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Yeah, your blog has been taking forever to load over here since you upgraded to larger pictures. Your photo site takes for...ever...too! I cleaned the bathroom while waiting on your blog to load.

CUTE pictures! That rabbit at the end is pretty cute too, his mom gave him a hair cut I hear so his hair isn't so crazy man looking. ;)

Jessie April 10, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

WOW! Very cute bunnies. BUT I have to agree with you on how they are. No fun to have,...just cute. I hate cleaning up the path of poop they leave as the hop around through your house. :( I had a pet bunny years ago, and sadly that is the strongest memory I have of him,...his poop. lol

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP