Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Pink and Red Day!

Oh today was February 13th, but you would have never known it was not February 14th at school! Valentine's Day at school is SOOOOOO much bigger than Christmas and Halloween. There were parties everywhere, when you walked into the building you could literally SMELL the sugary baked goods. Kids were sweating sugar from their pores by the afternoon. I told a new teacher, just be sure to maintain---the word for the day was "survival." It was survival of the fittest, you'd either make it, or be found in a corner rocking back in forth.



I MADE it! I kept just enough sugar in me that I could join in their craziness but from a safe distance. :)

I know a lot of people hate Valentine's Day, especially as a teacher...but I confess that I LOVE it. I love all the red and pink, the smell of cupcakes and carnations and the excitement that is in the air about giving and receiving that special Valentine. The ones who aren't too old for Elem. school and are still sweet and not trashy, are really precious about the whole thing.

There was one first grade class today that was donated so many cupcakes that each child got THREE PLUS the other candy and stuff that was dealt out! Craziness...way too much. I said, that the one person I would hate to be at the end of the day, was a bus driver. God bless them!

5 comments:

Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

I think I ate THAT cupcake today but the icing was purple!

Freda

Lennye February 14, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Love the wonderful cupcake photo! I used to love Valentine's Day, then came 5th grade. I hate that those trash-minded children ruin it for the others.

Sarah B. B. February 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Love the new layout - I cannot BELIEVE a certain administrator let all of this sugar-induced madness go on! :) I'm glad you survived to face another day.

krista February 14, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

i love love love the new blog setup you've got going. and cupcakes? mmmm...

K2daK February 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

I have a funny, now that I think about it, V-day party story, I will have to share it on the 28th so that you can get full perspective on the whole thing. Glad you enjoyed yours!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP