Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

2008 was gangsta'! No, not really...but we did have a fun time with these sock hats that Julie's mom got a couple of the grandchildren for Christmas! We had everyone put them on and give us their best gangsta' pose...it was on a whim, and it was hilarious. I call our photo the "Pretty Gangsta' and the Goofy Gangsta'" I just couldn't stop laughing.
The Pretty Gangta and the Goofy Gangsta
Julie's mom cracked us up the most!
The Gangsta You Don't Want To Mess With


I DID NOT make any resolutions but I did make a list of the 9 (which I changed to 10 because odd numbers are icky) things I want to do in 2009--that's within reason--no New York and Hawaii just yet...
1. Visit a new GA state park every couple of months (make use of the park pass we just bought).

2. Travel to and photograph New Orleans on a long weekend.

3. Visit Callaway Gardens and put the macro lens to good use on butterflies!

4. Ride Bikes at Indian Springs.

5. Go to more movies at the theater, like the good ole' days.

6. A long weekend beach trip.

7. Have more movie night get-togethers with friends.

8. Finish getting artwork that is sitting around here in frames and on the wall.

9. Play outside with the dogs more.

10. Rent a cabin in the mountains.

6 comments:

Lennye January 1, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

Sounds like great plans for 2009.

Sarah B. B. January 1, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

1) Julie's mom is hilarious, and clearly not gangsta material.
2) If you go to NOLA without getting food suggestions from me, my feelings will be irreparably damaged.
3) There are several great state parks up this way, and we are renewing our park pass. Hint. Hint. Hint. (I is not sub-til.)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

K2daK January 2, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Love the pictures! Julie's mom is the best! I am digging Julie's face in the first picture. If you go do #4, #7, & #9 I would love to come as a third wheel..if it is #4 then I can bring one of the kids because we have those carriers...on second thought, I would just want to come. ;) Something about 30 extra pounds on the back doesn't sound very fun. I actually want to tag along on almost all your trips, but that wouldn't be any fun for you. Here is to a great list of things to do and 363 days to get them all done.

krista January 2, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

yes! the claw gangsta!

Lennye January 3, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

I'm LOVIN' the new header!!!! You know barbed wire really gets to me!

Anonymous February 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

Call me for number 2 and number 3. Preferably when we can put the top down!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP