Friday, December 12, 2008

Turning Thirty-One

birthday poster
Yesterday's clouds, rain, and gloomy weather were thankfully no indication as to how great I felt yesterday and how well the day went. I have some fabulous friends that made the day really special! A few of my buddies threw me a little lunch party at work---and was even thoughtful enough to get me a pizza with no four-legged animal involved. I thought the thoughtfulness involved in that was really, really cool. You don't see that kind of thought put into things much anymore. Thank you to everyone who made it special in one way or another. I'm lucky to call you friends.


Before retiring to the sofa to eat our yummy take-out and watch a few netflix movies, I took some photos of how the day looked. It looked a little like we weren't in Kansas anymore, Toto.
Dec 11 clouds 5
Dec 11 clouds 3
Dec 11 clouds 4
Dec 11 clouds 1
The cake incident
Oh and the cake incident...I blew out my candle and was transferring the cake from one table to another--which aren't even a ruler apart from each other---and FLOP---dropped the entire cake onto the floor icing first. The Art room floor is not something you want to eat from----we did scrape up the top layer of cake and icing. As soon as it happened the room erupted in laughter--I did too because it really was a hilarious surprise. Of course I felt badly that I ruined the cake, but because they all handled it so well, you certainly couldn't be upset about it.

1 comments:

krista December 12, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

it's your birthday..you're allowed to do anything you want with your cake. :-)
happy birthday, monkey.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP