Friday, November 14, 2008

The Good News

is that I didn't die! That's what I told Julie when I walked up holding these. Also extension cords are replaceable. She was not at all concerned about the cord. This is why you might not want to trim hedges or bushes in the dark. It was a little after dark and I felt motivated so I trimmed the hedges and that went fine. So, feeling frisky and excited about my accomplishments I went over to a darker area where the gardenia plants are and proceeded to trim those as well. All of a sudden I noticed the sun room lights went out and that there was no noise coming from the electric trimmers. That's because I trimmed the cord into. This is what it looked like when I had finished.
cut the cord
I'm glad for no scary popping noises or any lights at the end of tunnels. :) I promise not to use this type of equipment in the dark anymore.

5 comments:

krista November 14, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

well, on the bright side, at least it's nicely trimmed.
ha! bright side! no lights!

K2daK November 14, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

That is good news and very funny!

Lennye November 14, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

HOLY SMOKE! You've got to be careful with that stuff. We know a 15 year old boy who took an electric chain saw by water. He died. Please no more home improvements in the dark!

Sarah B. B. November 14, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

This is why we let JulieBean do the yard work! AHHHHH!!! That's so scary!!!!! I'm going to send you through some sort of certification program before you're allowed to use power tools again. Glad you're okay. :)

Natalie November 17, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

SO glad you finally trimmed your bushes....

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP