Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crack what?!

Roughly how the week has gone...

"Ms. G. he just called me a crack hoe."
"What?! Seriously, you called him a crack hoe." *chuckle inside*
"No, he called me a crack hole."

"Well that just doesn't even make any sense, a crack hole."
"NO, a CRAP HOLE!"

"Oh." "Brian, how about I call your mama and tell her you just called someone a crack hole, you think she'd be real happy about that?! No, I didn't think so."

I could have sworn that kid said "crack hoe" which is so 90's and hilarious! But, he's got a slight speech problem so the LE sound wasn't quite coming out right. :)

Here's another:

*following me from table to table*

"Ms. G. my grandma and mama are having a Halloween festival at our house. There's going to be a hayride for adults and hayrides for the children (ok) and a haunted house for adults and a haunted house for children."

"Oh, interesting."

"Yeah, my grandma is so funny...she put on the invitation that it's $2.50 a head, but the body gets in free."

"Right." "Uh--go do your artwork and stop following me around."

Ever tried reasoning with a pissed off first grader?

This week I've given them a sheet of triangles, squares, circles and a couple of squiggly lines and they've had to be inventive and make something out of JUST those shapes...here's what I got today...

"Ok guys, think of all the things you could make out of those shapes...a robot, spaceship, house with trees, etc..."

"But I need six squares!"

"You only get two for this project Gage, that's the fun of it, seeing what you can do with JUST these shapes."

"BUT I HAVE TO HAVE six squares!!"

"You get two."

"I'VE GOT TO HAVE SIX SQUARES. HOW CAN I MAKE MY ROBOT WITH TWO SQUARES?!"

"You've got to figure it out, just two squares and all those other shapes."

"BUT I HAVE TO HAVE SIX SQUARES!!"

"YOU. GET. TWO. SQUARES. GAGE. CHILL. OUT. MOVE. ON. WITH. LIFE."

"What about silver? Do I have to use any other color besides silver?"

"Well I would, it's going to be pretty boring with just silver."

"WELL THE ROBOT IS JUST SILVER! WHY WOULD YOU HAVE ANY OTHER COLOR ON A ROBOT?!"

"JUST SILVER IS FINE....but you only get two squares." ;)

SHEESH.

2 comments:

krista October 2, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

it's because his parents names him gage. that's the name of the kid from 'pet cemetary.'
*note to parents out there: i'm joking. i think the name 'gage' is wonderful. i'm just saying: DO NOT bring your cat back to life if it dies.*

K2daK October 3, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

You know that it is time for a break when things like that happen more than once in a week. :)

I'm at work doing parent conferences...oh to work at a school without surf control. :) YES!! That means that in this 10 minutes I get pee & listen to good music-SCORE!

One of my kids asked me today if I said butthole. I said what? He said did you just say butthole? I said, no you crazy goon who says that in school? I had to clarify that I said BUTTON HOLE because we were sewing in class today.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP