Sunday, September 28, 2008

I wonder...

I wonder if these things affect others as well...

Ever since I discovered how completely radical google reader is, I can't stand to go more than a week before cleaning out all of the unread, updated blog posts. If you don't know about google reader or other blog feed readers, they are simply amazing. I would be embarrassed to admit how many blogs I am subscribing to for updates and if I did attempt to count, I probably can't even count that high. :) All you do is copy and paste the blog address into your subscription list and your reader updates every time those blogs have a new post...so you don't spend all this time searching, clicking, etc...to keep caught up on your favorite blogs. It's ridiculously cool and addictive really.

Anyway, that is keeping me from doing things like reading up on our school's missions, etc...for the upcoming SACS interview I have to be a part of, and writing out my individual/school goals and plans for the class keys evaluation stuff I need to do...blah blah.

Also I get distracted by the WEIRDEST things I enjoy doing at the oddest times too. Since I know I MUST and NEED to do these other things, I will find a million other things to do instead. Sometimes it's organizing my sock drawers by color or patterns(Yes hell I have two sock drawers busting at the seams---but they are small drawers. geez.)

Or it might be that today is the absolute day that I have to take everything out of my desk drawers, reorganize, and throw away 5% of it and put the other 95% back in, but this time MORE organized than before. :)

One time I spent an afternoon reorganizing the bookshelves based on type of book--not by color---considered it but everything would have been too hard to find and I had the R O Y G B but not so much of the I and V. :(

One of these moods is how the closet got organized with short sleeves in color order on one side and long sleeves in color order on the other side.

The kitchen junk drawer has been de-junked and re-junked A LOT over the last five years and the hall closet recently got a little re-do of its own. We had two plastic containers that had mixtures of boxed medicines/extra creams/shampoos etc...and that really got to me one random day---so now the top container has everything that is in a BOX and the other container has everything that is in...a non-box container. :)

To my point...today is the tenth time or so that I've dedicated to cleaning out and organizing my online bookmarks because I can't STAND for them to just be all hanging out with each other when they clearly have nothing in common and are just there to get on each others nerves. They are SO much happier now that I am putting them in folders based on their personal likes and dislikes and this makes me smile. :)

4 comments:

Lennye September 28, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Lordy, I could write a book on distractions. I've tried to write a paper all day long and there are just too many other things I could and am doing instead!

monkey September 29, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

wow. you actually have me beat on the organization/reorganization. and that's not an easy feat.

Ms. Natalie October 2, 2008 at 6:03 AM  

Wow. Lately I have all of those thoughts, but not of that action. I need some 'sparkly' motivation. :)

Anonymous February 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

You're an inspiration! Constructive chaos! You'll have to teach me how to cozy up my bookmarks one day. Little grover

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP