Thursday, August 7, 2008

Four

I heart Thursdays this year...so far. Today was my best day of classes yet! I triple heart Lennye's class this year. They are fun, funny, charismatic, personable, and just generally well behaved. There's a couple of my best artists in there from last year, but overall they aren't going to be the "prettiest Art projects class" but they will be the sweetest, most fun kids to be around. There was only one kid that I sort of wanted to strangle and that was because he was telling me I spelled Lennye's last name wrong. "Mr. Know It All" just so happens to be a repeat 5th grader this year. I just told him that I was pretty sure I knew how to spell her name seeing as I've taught with her and been friends with her for five years!

Right before it was time for them to leave, I noticed that over half the class had on plaid shorts--so of course that was a perfect photo opp for the yearbook!
For legal purposes, I changed the photo a little bit for my blog! But, they really were THAT happy! :)


Another great moment today came from our precious Seth, now a big third grader! He's taller than his brother who is one year ahead of him. He came up to me and said, "Ms. G. the brown crayon broke." I said, "No problem, let me see it and I can fix it." So as he hands me the broken crayon, he says in a somber pastor/funeral director type voice..."We all gather here today to remember someone we knew and loved. The color brown."

I almost died! I fixed the crayon and said in my ahhhh Heavenly Angels are singing voice, "Ahhhhh...Look! We brought him back!" You'd never guess that Seth's Dad is a pastor huh?!

6 comments:

krista August 7, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

the plaid shorts are kind of freaking me out. and seth is awesome.

Lennye August 7, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

I LOVE my babies this year. They are quirky, but a lot of fun. This morning after art, they managed poetry! Then it was all downhill. By the time the last class came I was exhausted. Then came back my beautiful, plaid clad babies, I huged them all and assured them that they were blessed by angels above!

Natalie August 7, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

SO glad that day number four was plaid-a-licious for you. My day number four was the best of my week too. I don't have any four-year-olds holding funerals in my class, but they are pretty good huggers. :)

K2daK August 7, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

I wish I was there to hear that from Seth! That would've been great! (I don't know Seth, but to hear that would've been great!)

LH you have a brother to one of my students. I gave you mega praise yesterday morning.

Love the plaid, but I can't believe that it is that popular!

K2daK August 7, 2008 at 10:50 PM  

Oh, I SO enjoyed listening to your music (again)...I think I may use it too much I know the songs in order. I found myself singing the next song as it was chaning. :)

Lennye August 10, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Monkey, it is true I have pirated the picture. However, I gave you full credit. I am thinking about making Thursdays Plaid-a-licious Days. This group would love it!

KE, I do have an older brother to your student. We are starting to connect.

I know ya'll will think I'm crazy, but every morning when I see this class Dr. Suess miraculously starts reading "Oh the Places We Will Go." (In my head of course)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP