Friday, August 8, 2008

Five

Friday, how I do love thee! Today Julie got off work early because of going in early this week and them not wanting her to have too much overtime. So, when I got home the grass was cut in the backyard, the sun started to set and there was a really nice breeze...the smell of two days of rest were in the air and I soaked it all in. This has felt like the longest week in history. Now it's Friday night, amen brothers and sisters!

I say that a nice weekend of rest is in store, but that's not really true. Tomorrow we will be at a friend's house by 10am to help her paint two rooms in her house. We volunteered ourselves for it months ago and she kept having things come up so this weekend worked best. This also happens to be the weekend (that's if we're still on--waiting for another confirmation email) is supposed to be when we go to Dublin (Georgia!) to do some free photos of the quasi-newborn baby of a friend of mine from high school.

So, though I don't see all THAT much rest taking place, it still looks to be a great weekend and I'm just glad it's the weekend period.

The kids today on day five were really good. I still think I heart Thursdays the most. Today as we did all week, the kids designed/decorated their Art portfolios (our first time doing this). I showed them how to trace a picture with the sunlight from the windows---I figure they were trying it anyway, might as well help them do it properly. Plus tracing is actually a good way to learn to draw!

Another student--a teacher/friend's daughter found her own unique space to do her Art.

2 comments:

Sarah B. B. August 9, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

Good luck with all the weekend projects! :)

Lennye August 11, 2008 at 5:07 AM  

I enjoyed your introduction. I could almost smell the fresh cut grass and sense the excitement. Good job! I hope the weekend was all you expected.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP