Friday, July 25, 2008

Recent Happenings In Pictures

Some tile samples arrived from the magic internets...via the magic credit card (always gets paid off in full I must add! Don't want any financial advisors coming after us!)


The red is right on the money, looks like yummy jolly rancher candy and will eventually be for the guest bathroom floor. The hot pink for the kitchen backsplash is a difficult one, maybe just not hot pink enough--but nobody has what I'm looking for.
We went to the fabric store in Macon last night and bought these magnificent fabrics for some upcoming projects.

We also thought it would be fun to visit the Salvation Army there to find some nifty props..didn't find any but Julie was as giddy as a kid with a lollipop when she found these records for $.50...she bought them for her nephew Chad who collects records.

Julie and I saw this last night:

I have to say, while the movie was exciting and good, I just can't get into Christian Bale as Batman. I strongly, strongly dislike him as Batman. I HATE the way he tries to make his voice sound like the sexy, deep Batman voice---he goes over the top with it and just sounds like he needs a Halls cough drop! George Clooney, now there's a perfect Batman...SEXY. Also this being the only comic book series movie/character I've ever gotten into (must be the rubber suit and misfit bad guys!) it's important to me that they pay homage to the old school 80's-90's Batman movies. For instance---they are trying to go darker for these Batman movies and while the Joker came off as evil-maniacal--we felt like he didn't do the crazy Joker laugh quite enough. Oh well, that's the problem with re-making something sometimes. Gotta take the good with the bad.
After three days, I was able to draw on the fridge:

1 comments:

K2daK July 26, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Fun tile! The What's in There is GREAT!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP