Friday, May 30, 2008

Daily Surprises

Another Lilly opened up today...if I remember correctly this one is called "Blueberry Candy."


Today was the last day for students and I'm not great with goodbyes even if I'm super stoked to be getting a break from children...plus I think I was extra sentimental this time because of the changes...with leaving behind memories of the first place I taught and memories of friends that are no longer going to be there. As we were doing our traditional wave goodbye to the school buses today, I got teary eyed...sucks to be sentimental sometimes. This group of fifth graders that is moving on to middle school has by far the coolest number of kids in it than any other fifth grade I've seen move on...most of the others I was like, "don't let the door hit ya on the way out." But for me, this group was different. I've loved them since second grade---most of them, NOT all! :)

3 comments:

Lennye May 30, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

Dear Me! I obviously have not had time to talk to you in the last month! I'm clueless of what's going on and from the way it is effecting you it is probably a good thing! I might have to "Cook" up on some folks! I really have had a huge plate full this semester. I will be glad to write this weekend with minimal interruptions. Check out Monday and take a much needed mental break! Perhaps we can go one day and dig around antique stores!

PS. Did you not get the precious post where I asked if we could make Lucy a movie star? Lucy's lastest photos were too cute.

K2daK May 30, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

That is some heavy stuff...sorry, I didn't know you were going through any of this....you know I am always here if you need me. :)

krista May 31, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

disappointment sucks. especially when we realize we give people more credit than they deserve. i don't know what you're dealing with but i totally understand about the lying thing. i can pretty much deal with anything as long as i'm told the truth about it. being lied to is so permanently damaging.
i've always held onto this one phrase that i think i got from (wait for it...) oprah. yes, i'm a cliche.
"when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time"
i've always liked that.
OH...and ever since little pancake was born, i've been singing her this one song over and over and it makes her giggle like crazy. i dance for her and everything. no idea why this one song came out of me but it did. know what it was?
the sanford and son theme song!!!! i almost peed myself when i saw it on your blog. munchkin was sitting at the computer with me and she started giggling when i played it. so cute.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP