Sunday, April 6, 2008

Say WHAT?!


The kids at school were QUITE chatty this last week before Spring Break! Here's some things they said...

From Kindergarten:
(Minus all the quotation marks...I don't feel like putting them in here, you know they are quotes!) ;)

Kid: This marker smells like liquor!
Me: How in the world do you know?!
Kid: I tasted beer, it was nasty.

Kid: Ms. Gunter please tell JeRico that I can love Arianna for a friend.
Me: Yes,that is true.
Kid number 2: But he wrote I LOVE Arianna.
Kid: I can love her but not be IN LOVE with her.
Me: Wow. Very true, very true.

Kid: D'Andre, my momma told me if I didn't hit him back, that she'd give me a spanking when I got home.
Kid 2: Gosh Chantz, what kid of momma do you have?!
Kid: A good momma.
Kid 2: No she's not.
Kid: What'd you say about my momma?!
Kid 2: I'm just saying, she must not be a very good momma if you get spankings. I never get them.

Kid: I have a whochaka.
Me: A what?!
Kid: A whochaka, it's a dog that runs real fast. He's a brown puppy. His name is Marlin. Now that I think about it, he's probably not a whochaka.

Kid: I'm friends with Reagan but I'm buying Andrea a ring. A fake one.
Me: So you like Reagan for a friend, but Andrea for a girlfriend.
Kid: Yeah.

Kid: My Auntie has a masterpiece in her house.
Kid 2: What's a masterpiece?
Kid: It's something that's real nice.

After a discussion on making sure your marker lid snaps so our markers won't dry out a kid yells out to the class:
Be QUIET guys so you can hear your marker lids snap!
I wish it was that easy! :)

Kid: Can we take these pictures home today?
Me: Yes, these are just free-time drawings, so they can go home this time.
Kid: THANK YOU JESUS!

All of those were kindergarten...here's two from first grade:

Kid: Boys are SO annoying! They make the girls clean up and do all the dishes.
Me: I think you are right on that one.

Kid: I messed up my picture, I colored outside of the lines.
Me: It's ok, just color the rest outside the lines and everyone will think you meant to do it.
Kid: You are so good Ms. Gunter, how you know that stuff.
Kid 2: Sometimes it's ok to go outside the lines huh?!
Me: Exactly, sometimes it's ok to be different and do your own thing.
BIG SMILES! :)

6 comments:

krista April 7, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

oh...how i love these. i just read them to bryan and we were hysterical over the 'whochaka'...so awesome. i used to teach preschool and i only have one i remember:

two boys across the yard yelling at each other:
boy 1: YOU'RE not the boss of me!
boy 2: you're not the boss of ME!

girl standing with me on the other side of said yard:
girl: teacher? we're really only the bosses of ourselves.
me: you're so right...maybe you should tell them that.
girl (yelling to boys): WE'RE REALLY ONLY THE BOSSES OF OURSELVES!

boys stop and look our way. a beat. then, in unison:
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!

Anonymous April 7, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

I found your site because of Lucy being on Daily Puppy (cutest pup ever), and I'm so glad I did. You seem like a really awesome person.

:)

Copperheart April 8, 2008 at 1:26 AM  

oh my goodness, i love the whochaka one!
Yours is hilarious too, lower case monkey.

Monkey April 8, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

Thanks guys! And thank you so much Anonymous! I hope you'll keep coming back, so I can prove my awesomeness! ha, totally kidding about the awesomeness part, I do try though. :)

Lennye April 8, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

What nothing sweet and cute came out of a fifth grade mouth last week?

I'm still reeling from this one.

Boy: Why do they call it Good Friday?

Me: It was the day Jesus died on the cross and we know that if he died an rose again that we will too some day.

Boy: Still does sound like it was all that Good of a Friday for him.

Natalie April 8, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

SO cute! (I think that has been my same comment for like the last five times I've commented on your blog...I'm SO original!) :) Loved the quotes--makes me ALMOST miss teaching, haha!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP