Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Nikki!



Seems like I was just writing Nikki's birthday post for last year! Ever since it turned April, things have seemed like they've come back around so soon. Did last year even happen at all?!

My sweet Nikki, affectionately known as 'Noo-Noo around here, turns 10 today. It's hard to believe I've done anything for 10 years straight, but I've definitely loved and taken care of her for 10 years now. Time flies when you're having fun, that's a definite.


Tomorrow Nikki goes in for surgery to have all her little lumps and bumps removed and be tested for cancer. For whatever reason, I couldn't bear to do it before her birthday. Please send positive thoughts her way, she's been a toughie in the past with a surgery here and there, so I hope we continue on that streak. Julie is the tough one when it comes to the dogs and will be dropping her off before she goes to work and I have told her to absolutely NOT tell me any sort of news until I get home---in case they find out something right away. It will probably be a couple of days though if they are doing biopsies.
I'll be so glad when it's all over, because anytime I've had a quiet moment to think this week, it's brought me down.

2 comments:

Lennye April 29, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Monkey and Bean, Know this that no matter what happens with Nikki, she has experienced unconditional love for 10 years. That is more than a lot of people can say.

She will be in my thoughts tomorrow, and I won't ask and make you think of it! I'm sure it will be hard enough not being with her.

Natalie April 29, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Lots of furry positive thoughts are being sent your way right.....now. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP