Saturday, March 22, 2008

Meet Lucy





The story of Lucy is this: At about 12am on Tuesday morning my Mom thought she was dreaming when she heard this awful whining and howling sound coming from outside their bedroom window. She went back to sleep only to wake up again an hour later and realize that it was definitely not a dream. She and Dad both heard the awful commotion and Mom looked out the bedroom window and there was a tiny puppy sitting underneath it causing serious noise. They fed her my Dad's disgusting Vienna Sausages because they didn't have anything else around at the moment fit for a puppy.

We think she had a rough journey through the woods because she had thorns in her fur and skin and scratches on her cute, fat tummy. She also seems bloated which could mean worms. Mom and Dad did the unthinkable (for them) and let her sleep on the living room floor. This pup can apparently make anybody melt.

As of yesterday afternoon, Lucy was supposed to be Mom and Dad's puppy...as of now (you all who bet this would happen were MOST definitely correct) she is our new baby girl. Here's how this happened: Julie had good Friday off yesterday and we kept Lucy overnight to take her to the vet with our other wildebeests today for shots...Julie kept saying that she just couldn't handle one more dog in the house. After begging and pleading, I figured she wasn't going to give in...and understandably so. If she really wasn't feeling the love for another dog in the house, it was better off not happening.

BUT while I was at work, she and Lucy spent the whole day together. Julie had plans to get the oil changed in her truck, Lucy was going to be locked in the crate. What happened? Lucy cried. Lucy got to go get the oil changed with her. Julie came home and decided to take a nap. What happened? Lucy slept on her chest with her head under her neck. What happened when I asked her if she was sure Mom and Dad would give her better love? "Well she gets under my feet a lot so I'm thinking your mom could get tripped up and fall, hurting herself and the puppy." Uh huh....Lucy succeeded.

Mom ended up saying that she was only keeping her because I said she needed to...and I am fine with that because I'm so glad she is living here with us!! :) We're so in love with her it's pathetic. And guess who else is in love with her...Brinkley! I prayed for him to have someone that would play with him because Casey and Nikki grew up together, grew old together and are now dogs that like to sit and chill...they never would play with Brinkley. Brinkley and Lucy get along famously already. He's very obsessed with her. She chases him, he chases her and she comes away all slobbery because her head often ends up in the Brinkster's mouth. The house is about to explode in adorableness and though the new schedule and slight lack of sleep are exhausting, I'm loving it. That kind of cuteness and love is like a candy-coated surprise wrapped up in pink and red hearts, tied in a pretty, silky ribbon. What I'm saying is, it's good stuff. Really good.


7 comments:

Copperheart March 23, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Oh my goodness she is so adorable! I'm happy she has a good home and a furry friend to play with :)

Lennye March 23, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

I knew Lucy would be a daughter by weeks end! She is adorable. To be truthful, I didn't see the beauty of Brinkley, but the loveliness of Lucy is contagious!

Monkey March 23, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

Hey now Lennye...Brinkley is my sweet baby too!

Lennye March 23, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

I can't help it! I've got Lucy Love!!!!

Natalie March 23, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

She is SO cute!! Congrats on the new addition. And I love the name "Lucy" too! :)

K2daK March 24, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Is that a Rat terrier or a jack? Or do you know? I can't believe you got another dog, but in the same breath I can't think of a better place for her to be than with you guys...she found the right window to whine under! :) Congratulations!!

krista March 25, 2008 at 1:26 AM  

oh. my. god. don't be upset if i forever refer to lucy as 'sausage' from now on. sausage is so cute i want to bite her face off. clearly brinkley has the same idea.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP