Friday, February 29, 2008

My Morning Started Off

like this:

Damn. Apparently I was too close to the side of the garage, I thought I had enough room. I was mad at myself and sad about now having to spend money on something that shouldn't have happened. I'm bummed that it happened to something so new. It sucks, but I'm glad it was just that and no innocent bystanders were harmed in the tainting of my new vehicle. (By the way, that should be said in one of those t.v. warning voices.) ;)
Thankfully, the day went up from there and not down...I was scared of what it might have looked like if it had gone downhill...blood, carnage, wailing and gnashing of teeth, pestilence, famine...things I am grateful for not incurring on an idle Friday morning.
On to more pleasant viewing:

a cute little panda that lives in the craft room. He lived on my desk for a little while but decided there were cooler things to hang out with in the craft room, like color coordinated ribbons.


Two funny stories from this week and then I'm going to go saturate myself in video watching with Bean and the Gang on the sofa. (Not to be confused with Kool and the Gang.)
First story:
Destinee a second grader comes to me this morning and says,
"Ms. G. I'm related to Connor and he moved without taking his artwork. (except when she said it, it was more like "artwook") I could give it to him if you like.

"Oh excellent! Where did he move to, somewhere nearby then?"

"Kansas."

"Kansas!"

"It's far away."

"Yes it is far away, so you're going to mail him his artwork then?"

"No, I'm going to take it to his house, I went to his house yesterday."

"Hmm...well then I'm thinking he doesn't live in Kansas (Toto)."

"Well yeah, he doesn't live in Kansas, I don't know where he lives."

ALRIGHTY THEN! :)

Yesterday my Kindergarten class was really chatty! (The one where way back at the beginning of the school year on here I said I'd always miss a Thursday if given a choice...has gotten much better!) They wanted to share every little detail about their lives within a 10 minute time frame. Finally I got them quiet enough to show them what we were drawing and painting and a few of them said, "How do you know how to draw EVERYthing?!"
I paused for a moment and figured this was a grand time for teacher scheming so I said, "I ALWAYS listened to my Art teachers!" ha! I'm not lying when I say that it worked for a few minutes! They got so quiet and listened to me very intently. It was Supa Dupa Cool.

Here's the movies we are stoked to finally get a chance to see this evening:

3 comments:

K2daK February 29, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

I wanna see Feast of Love!! Enjoy your night on the couch. Super cute stories!

About the car...that sucks! My dad always says it isn't ours unless it is broken or not working or damaged. :)

Lennye February 29, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

I don't thing Morgan Freeman can make a bad movie.

Copperheart March 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM  

I'm storing away that "I always listened to my art teacher" trick for future reference:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP