Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday: Another Day of Rest

I think my brain and body needed this extra long weekend of not going anywhere, not doing anything of any great importance, etc...Julie needed it too for her wrist that she messed up on Thursday evening at class. She stayed out of work on Friday to go to the chiropractor and then came by with lunch and hung out in the afternoon with me while I taught munchkins. That's TWO Fridays in a row that I've been brought lunch (last Friday KK and Rhino came by during lunch as well and that was a nice, welcomed visit also!)talk about feeling special!
Anyway, these are pictures I took on Sunday when I cleaned the bathroom.

I thought the towels looked pretty like this! Geek, I know!

A basket of lotions and candles on the back end of the tub.

The front end of the tub...no it doesn't always look this nice and organized--but it does look like this right after a cleaning! ;) Confession: I like to eat sunflower seeds in the tub...actually I've eaten lots of things in the tub--examples include, ice cream, toast, and popcorn (the popcorn caused the biggest mishap because I accidentally dropped some and it soaked up water and put a greasy-buttery residue in the tub! yikes!)

Method cleaners...NICE stuff! As we run out of the "bad for the environment and for you to breathe" cleaners, we are replacing them with Method and Seventh Generation products. (Both can be purchased at Target) So far we like this Method tub and tile cleaner---before with the Scrubbing Bubbles I liked how it cleaned but I couldn't breathe while cleaning (not a good sign). With this, it makes the room smell just a little minty and doesn't hurt to breathe...the biggest test was how well it would clean and it DOES! Maybe they will read this and pay me to test and write about their products! ;)

6 comments:

Sage and Daisy January 21, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

oooh! can you come make my bathroom look like yours? :) cleaning the bathroom is on my list for today, and I'm hoping the gorgeous pics of your bath will motivate me.

Sarah B. B. January 21, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

Those are pretty bathroom pictures - I also love that Method cleaner. You have to scrub the tiniest bit more, but being able to breathe while you're doing it makes it okay.

Lennye January 21, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

Interesting about the Method cleaner. I think I'll give it a try. How did I not know Ke came for lunch, did she have Hauss with her?

Monkey January 21, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

She didn't have Andrew with her, but cutie-pie Ryan was there!

K2daK January 22, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Lennye you were sick that day! :) I just have to say it is so you that you took pictures of the bathroom as you were cleaning it. :) LOVE IT! Someone might stumble upon your blog and post pictures of your rooms as inspiration like you do other people's.

Monkey January 22, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

Sarah--I noticed the having to scrub a little more thing too---and worried for a minute that it wasn't going to be what it's all cracked up to be, I was relieved afterwards!
KK--That is so ME isn't it?! I'm glad you love it! :) That is a total dream of mine that my blog photos will appear as someone's inspiration or I will be as big as DOOCE one day...a person can dream! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP