Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Art Installation

Give a somewhat creative person, (whom for once has energy after work) a day where the weather is WONDERFUL, fifteen minutes, some paint, and an idea and this is what you get:





When I came up with the "Top Five" lists I knew I wanted some sort of nifty "5" for the first post---though there really won't be a nifty 5 for every post---I did want one for the first one. I had already done a number 5 on my blog post for the "dreaded 5th" when I got my wisdom teeth out where I took a picture of the awesome ORANGE number 5 pool ball...so I had to think of something else. I decided I would not go searching for a 5 and instead paint one on a piece of metal that's in our old shed. Yesterday while I was out there with a few containers of paint, I thought the wood pile (that's been outside since before we lived here and probably won't ever be used in the fireplace) would look EVER SO LOVELY painted with these pretty colors! I had so much fun painting them and then taking the pictures...my own little Art installation piece. I think it shall be called "Painted Logs" LOL! Or maybe "Colored Wood." Either way really...
There's certainly great fun and stress relief to be found in splattering things with paint. I HIGHLY recommend!

(My peeps who know the colors of the house will recognize the kitchen and craft room here!)

4 comments:

Anonymous January 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

I have typed, deleted, re-typed, deleted again....I can't seem to find the words to express how my heart sank when I saw all that wonderful potential firewood being painted....booo hoooo.....One of my many addictions is burning a fire all winter long to heat my home and give me a sense of peace and calm... You are a creative soul, that's for sure...glad you relaxed while creating....could you take a pic. of the wood pile from a distance..Lee

Natalie January 8, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

It's great to find inspiration in the little things. :)

Sarah B. B. January 9, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

That is pretty cool, though I actually thought to myself when I saw it, "Lee's going to want to burn that." I'm glad you had fun making it. It does look awesome. :)

K2daK January 10, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

I can't wait to see it in person...it is pretty and what a great way to use that extra paint!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP