Thursday, December 20, 2007

Today


Today is my first day off from work and before I start painting two last minute projects that people need BEFORE Christmas, begin working again on the yearbook that I only have two pages done for though the first deadline is Jan. 7th, finish bagging up Christmas presents, etc...I'm going to do what I want to do. Oddly enough, that is clean up. I'm not embarrassed to show that my kitchen looks like this right now...I would like to recognize it as my kitchen eventually today, so that is what I'm working on first. The tower of cups is really radical, huh?! I have hated the month of December thus far and am ready for it to be over. I have felt utterly exhausted all month and have had a hard time focusing on the positive things well enough to not want to cry about the negative things. There were naturally some good things that occurred, things I've been super thankful for and I haven't dreaded or hated every single moment. But, the month has moved by too quickly and the yearbook deadline has loomed over my head while I'm at work begging people to take pictures of their damn classes to put in the yearbook and when I'm not at work the thoughts are looming while I'm trying to have a little fun. I won't do that next year. I've made up my mind that if I'm going to be stuck making this stupid yearbook, I am not begging for pictures anymore. If I get absolutely NONE to go on a teacher's page, then so be it. If I'm the one who has to pay the price for not having any, then I will just take my punishment I guess. Too bad my punishment wouldn't be to take yearbook away! I'm just tired of having to beg and get no response, I'm tired of a job that I need to do hinging on something that people need to do themselves and won't help me with. I'm also tired of the month of December when times are supposed to be jolly and fun, being all about yearbook deadlines in my world. I can't enjoy the season because in the back of my mind, there's the stupid yearbook that I'm not sitting at my computer constantly working on...because I really DON'T WANT TO! All I really want to do is have a clean house and have time to ride around and look at Christmas lights!! I'm not hard to please really and it doesn't seems like a pricey request. Anyway, I'm headed off to work on the tower of cups and disgusting dishes, so that I can then work on the yearbook with a clearer mind....

6 comments:

K2daK December 20, 2007 at 12:13 PM  

Have fun cleaning! :) I am off to enjoy hopefully an hour of silence and doing nothing.

Dawn Chastain December 20, 2007 at 1:31 PM  

Hi,Back in the summer you left a comment on one of my blog posts. Sorry I didn't respond, i don't know what happened. The orange flower that you asked about is Crocomosia( lucifers tongue) it is a perennial which I got in Jackson GA!!!It was so fun reading through your blog. I am in newnan, Was born in Thomasville, and grew up in Morrow.Merry Christmas.

Sarah B. B. December 20, 2007 at 5:15 PM  

Oh, honey, just say "screw it" and enjoy yourself. :) That's a cool picture, by the way, dirty dishes & all.

Lennye December 20, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

Holy Smokes!!!! You had definately made huge amounts of progress on the cleaning when I stopped by.

Lennye December 20, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

On looking at your picture of the dishes I want to tell you my favorite thing about your house. In the kitchen the chalkboard with the painting above it, do you know what I mean. I love that! Everytime I see it I think, "That was made for this room."

Just thought you needed to know that.

Anonymous December 21, 2007 at 8:05 AM  

Okay - it looks like HOME! Thanks for the gift...you are too sweet. I hope you get to see some lights, I have an extra pill if you need it:)

Freda

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP