Wednesday, December 12, 2007

30

Here are some pictures from Saturday when Mom, Aunt Peggy, and Julie showered me with birthday goodness. Thank you to everyone who made the day special and the transition from being a hip young person into a hip old person easier! ;) Ha! Now that I am thirty, (eek----feels weirder writing it than saying it) it feels easier moving into than when I turned twenty-nine. I figure turning thirty is better than the alternative of NOT turning thirty. All of my older friends are cool people to talk with and people I love very much, so I have high hopes that getting older is something that will be fun and educational at the same time. What I'm wishing for--for my thirties (yikes---it really is icky still to say that) is that I will worry less about what other people think and will be better at speaking my mind regardless of who I might piss off...also I wish for myself that I will not carry around with me the worry and burden of caring more for the people that don't seem to have the ability to care as much back...and will instead focus more of that positive energy on the ones who do care as much back. If I don't get the hang of that in my thirties (going to refrain this time) then I sure as hell hope I figure it out sometime in my forties. :)

This is what I decided to do with my new Rachel Ray cookware set from Mom and Dad...I'll probably cook with it too someday soon! :) I love it because it is orange...nothing to do with R.R.

Mom is on the left and Aunt Peggy on the right...see why everyone always told me I was Aunt Peggy's child?! Now that I'm older I look more like Mom, but still favor Aunt Peg a lot!

Me with Juliebean...these are three people that I would feel like a large part of myself was lost if they were gone...these three people are the most important people in my life. They are my heart.

Check that out...Aunt Peg and Mom bowling on the Nintendo Wii...they loved it and mom thought since she used to be a trophy winner in an actual bowling league AND had more practice on the Nintendo Wii than Aunt Peggy...that she would kick her tail...well guess who won?! Aunt Peggy beat us all down with a 164 and this is the woman who has recovered from breast cancer, a mastectomy, bone spurs, etc...She's somebody to be proud of for sure! She definitely was kicking ass and taking names on Saturday---there was NO letting the birthday girl win! ;)

3 comments:

Lennye December 13, 2007 at 7:37 PM  

Love the photos! All went well on your big day. Dan will be the big 5-0 in a couple of weeks.

Sarah B. B. December 13, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

Go Mama G & Aunt Peggy! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jessie December 15, 2007 at 10:25 AM  

looks like you guys had fun! :) I love the cookware,...its very you.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP