Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Brinkley!



You only turn one year old once, so we figured he needed a birthday hat! Look at that face, you know that's super cute! How about how I can get him to do almost anything now with a little time and a lot of carrot pieces?! I have to say that Brinkley is definitely the comedian of the family...Casey being the serious protector who is only comedic when he poots and then he turns and looks at his butt in absolute disgust and surprise at what just happened...we laugh hard...Nikki being the sweet snuggler who just wants to sit in your lap no matter where you are, she will even sit on your lap while you're on the toilet if you let her! Brinkley came as a nice change of pace as the four of us oldies here at the house were getting into a rut of doing the same things all of the time. You never know when he's going to randomly put on a hilarious display as he tries to see how many dirty socks and panties he can fit into his mouth at one time...then as you notice he has these things and call out his name, will make you chase him around the sofa over and over again. He's a quick learner and already knows "sit" "down" "bring it" and the difference in when his name is called in a sweet way or in a "you're in big time trouble" way. He's also very lovable and it's always a special treat when he is tired and crawls up onto the sofa to plop his ginormous, heavy body on top of us for a few minutes. People aren't lying when they say Golden Retrievers are some of the smartest, kindest dogs you'll ever meet. Though Casey often plots ways to get rid of him, the rest of us love him lots of bunches and know that he's one of the most genuinely sweetest guys around! :)

Enjoy these older pictures (which don't seem that long ago) when he was still growing into his big head!



7 comments:

KieutiePie November 28, 2007 at 1:14 AM  

OH MY GOD that is so cute!!!! Happy birthday, Brinkley!!!

Monkey November 28, 2007 at 6:57 AM  

Thank you so much! Whew! I was beginning to think that Bean and I were the only ones who thought it was cute!

Jessie November 29, 2007 at 9:18 AM  

so cute!!! That hat is great!!!! I love the last photo.

ps Thanks for your comments on my blog too. ;)

Natalie November 29, 2007 at 2:23 PM  

Just doing my monthly pilgrimage of all my blog-buddies and wanted to check in. Your pictures of Birthday Boy are precious! Hope your week hasn't been horrible...only one more day to go! :)

Monkey November 29, 2007 at 6:19 PM  

Thanks guys! :)

Anonymous November 29, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

what a sweet, lovable beast!

K2daK November 30, 2007 at 8:13 PM  

I am a little concerned that you haven't posted lately, are you busy? It isn't like you to go this long without a post. Do I need to travel over there with my big belly and hunt you down? I will do it, I will, don't push me I will, I will come over there and beat you up with my belly....hmmm..maybe THAT will get the baby out!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP