Monday, October 22, 2007

Hello kids! Today's letter is the letter

P1020028 Exclamation point
Why? Because I'm feeling sassy says Freda! :) I'm feeling sassy, saucy, stupendous and this blog post is mostly superfluous (which I have no qualms admitting that I knew the definition of but had some issues spelling on my own).
On the way home from work today there was this REALLY annoying commercial on the radio. I can't even tell you what the commercial was about, except that it had to deal with something "super slimming." Now before I even go into this tiny rant about this commercial, please note this: I'm not someone who tends to pick on the way people speak...I'm from the South and find it humorous (in an annoying way) when people (seriously, not jokingly) pick on how others from the South speak. There were a few years when I was younger when I said "motorCICLE" instead of "motorcycle." But fear not...I've been healed! Don't pick on your "own" people, pick on the Northerners, of course! I also find it absolutely ridiculous and rude when people constantly correct other adults in front of people. I feel as though speech and language are important (you don't want to look like a complete moron out in the world)...but sitting there berating someone for something that they grew up doing, just makes yourself look like an ass. That's just my personal opinion.
Anyway, that being said, if you're going to PAY someone to speak in a commercial for your business that you would like to make MONEY on...you might want to choose someone who knows how to blend her "S's." Seriously. There are many people out in the world blending their "S's" every single day. At least I think that's the problem this woman had in the radio commercial, which is ALL spoken and nothing visual to take your mind off the very large issue she had. Maybe it was a lisp, maybe she couldn't blend the "S" with other letters, I honestly have no idea and definitely am not a wannabe Speech Pathologist. I thought it was ironic that she could not say the letter "S" properly, yet every other word out of her mouth started with an "S." "Stephanie said I was suddenly slimmer."
Not great advertising, that's all I'm saying! :)

3 comments:

Jessie October 22, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

I think the way people talk is part of who they are. I can't say so many words, but its kinda become a joke between my friends and I. The worse word being, "Mitsubishi". I just can't get it to come out right. I usually end up adding "bitchy" to the end of it. lol

So, I don't think that a Mitsubishi car dealership would hire me for a spokesperson!!! lol "Hi, my name is Jessie. Can I sell you a Mitsubitchy?" lol

K2daK October 23, 2007 at 9:02 PM  

Well I would like to hear this commerical now...I think it is funny the way southerners, I am proud to be southern with great words like "fixin'" although Nick says it WAAAAAYYY better than myself. Now you are going to laugh every single time you hear that commerical.

Anonymous October 23, 2007 at 9:48 PM  

I think someone should make a commercial about a certain TOILE fabric and pronounce it properlike....You all know that I know the pronouncement of that there word...hardee har har....Southern gals rock!!!! Lee

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP