Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Casey!






Yesterday was Casey's 9th birthday! Happy Birthday Mr. Frumpers! It's hard for me to believe that 9 years ago in Valdosta (while in college with no money) Casey became my first dog on my own. I think that's why even though he tries to kill visitors when they come over, he will always have a special place in my heart! :) Casey came to live with me because I had seen a really friendly, cute Cocker Spaniel at the pet store...when I went back he wasn't there anymore and thus began the hunt to find another one. At the time, I shared a house with two other chicks (both of whom turned out rather psycho) and one had gotten a free kitten at the pet store because she thought I would like to have a kitten. The kitten was practically dead when she brought it home. I hope she didn't wonder why it was free! Needless to say, she REALLY had brought home her OWN half dead kitten because I had never said I wanted one. While at one of the countless vet visits she had taken the kitten to, she saw something about Cocker Spaniel puppies on sale and that's where Casey came from. He has a tough time with strangers and children and I think a lot of that is because of things that happened in his 3 months of living before he came home with me. Though he has a LONG list of idiosyncrasies, we've survived each other for 9 years and I wouldn't trade him in on anything! :)

1 comments:

Sarah B. B. May 27, 2007 at 11:25 PM  

Lindsey says, "Happy Birthday Dogg."
:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP