Friday, November 13, 2009

October/November 2009

This poor, poor blog...there's pretty much no way to revive it from the dead at this point...and I don't even feel like trying really. But, Natalie so kindly asked for some sort of updating and maybe there's somebody else that looks on here for some updates too...so I'll give a little something!

Life has been CRAZY busy and I'm pretty darn tired! It's been great though---lots of weddings to photograph, even got to do a "destination" type wedding in Rome, GA where the family put us up in a cottage and all our meals were provided...pretty darn awesome!! We were so so tired after the weekend, but had a really nice time.

My kiddo's Art show was last night and now that it's done I can sigh a huge sigh of relief!! Just a quick one though, because there's ALWAYS something next, next is focusing on the yearbook. BLEH....and that's all I have to say about that. The Art show went well, the turn-out was underwhelming considering we have 650ish students and 185 sent in the R.S.V.P forms and then only 116 showed up. But not looking at numbers and that sort of thing----the people who DID come, enjoyed it and had some nice artwork. I just wish more people would come out to stuff like that!

OK so this post is sporadic, but I'm done for now. Here's some pictures to go along with the randomness.

I know that these pictures of the students are CREEPY with the eyes cut off...but I could be sued/lose my job for posting pictures of the students without permission....nobody wants that redonkulousness to happen---so here's their awesome artwork and smiles...


Look at that awesome blending of the oil pastels on the one on the right...that's only second grade. We talked about warm colors and cool colors on that project.



I'm gonna have to get some pics of the awesome 4th grade hamburgers we did, can't believe I left those out!
And this next one is from "Mismatched" Day! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mismatched day...I call it "tacky" day instead! :)

5 comments:

krista November 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

monkey!!!
okay, that one picture signed by mia with the orange and the black figure and are those headstones???
BRILLIANT.
it seriously should be hanging in a gallery.
sweet outfit.

Natalie November 13, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

Woohoo for the update! :) Awesome sunset pics and of course, 10 points for your art teacher fabulous-ness.

Lennye November 14, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

You had some GREAT artwork out!

Anonymous November 14, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Love the art pictures, despite the creepy no-eyes factor. I'm glad the folks who came had fun, and you just can't worry about the numbers. :)

Sarah B. (too tired to change email accounts)

Jessie November 18, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Well I do like updates!!!! I know your life must be crazy since you never blog anymore! BUT its okay,...I stopped using my blog for year and LOST a lot of "fans", but you still showed up to leave me comments!! :) So, I will still check from time to time for you to post things! Your photography is awesome and I am so happy for you!!!! I have even mentioned to my husband about driving to you to have you take photos of us someday! Congrats on all your success!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP